Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

1 Year Anniversary

We are celebrating our 1 year Anniversary on May 30th!  We moved to Seattle in July last year and being newer to the area, any suggestions on where to go/what to do to celebrate??  Idea

Re: 1 Year Anniversary

• Welcome and congrats!  We'll be celebrating our 4-year anniversary the 27th!  We like to do outdoors things; i'm not sure if that's your style... the other ladies on the board will have better "fancy" ideas than i do :)

If it's not raining, we're going canoeing, picnic lunch, pike place market to wander and get ingredients for dinner, then make and enjoy dinner together at home (tacoma).   

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • For our one year we took a roadtrip to Eastern/Central WA.  We stayed at a golf resort DH wanted to visit, and then stopped in a bunch of little towns and stayed in some cool places.

I also love just staying in a hotel in Seattle and seeing a show.  I love Hotel 1000, and Teatro Zinzanni is always fun.

I like this site for local hotels:  http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats! We're celebrating our first in July, and planning on going back to the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, where we spent our wedding night.

Other ideas would be Bainbridge Island (there's a B&B there, I can't think of the name), Salish Lodge, Whidbey Island, San Juan Island...

If it's an overnight getaway you have in mind, browse the library or Barnes and Noble for the most recent edition of "Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest". It's an annually published guide to romantic getaways that stay fairly close to home.

Have fun!

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • Oohh...I'm with Kaskade!  I vote Hotel 1000 & Teatro ZinZanni--two of my favorite things in Seattle! 

We will be celebrating our first in June and will be doing two things that have some romantic significance for us....going to the Space Needle for dinner (we ended up there unexpectedly the night before our wedding and we were surprised at how good the food was and it was super romantic) and then going wine tasting at Novelty Hill/Januik Winery in Woodinville (where we were married).  So....of course I would recommend either of those things also.