Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anniversary and going to Portland

DH and I are going to Portland on Sept. 16th-18th for our anniversary. Neither of us have ever been there except for quick trips. We are staying at Edgefied's (one of the McMenamins hotels). Any suggestion on what to do while down there?
Tracey Mom to Logan and Liam
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ush43r.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2i91g07.jpg[/IMG]
I live for those smiles!

Re: Anniversary and going to Portland

• I'd recommend the rose garden... the roses are pretty, it's a good place to people watch and it's up on a hill so you have good views.  It's also a concert venue, so you might find something you like. 

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • For our anniversary we first drove to see Multnomah Falls, 20mins from Portland, then went on 4 more hours to Yachats and stayed at Overleaf Lodge. The coast is romantic and relaxing. The hotel had a spa with 2 pools overlooking the coast. You might want to consider going to the coast if you don't mind the drive. In any case I hope you have fun!
  • Powell's Bookstore is a Portland institution.  Ton's of new and used books.  It's in the Pearl District, which is a fun place to wander around for lunch or happy hour.

If you'll have your car, Multnomah Falls is on I-84.  The hike takes a couple hours.  And the Willamette valley is to the south, if you enjoy wine.

Oktoberfest is usually that weekend or the next.  There might be some beer-related festivities going on.

• We went on a spur of the moment day trip, and ended up going to the Portland Zoo and the Japanese Garden - they're both very close to each other and very beautiful.  A LOT of walking though, the zoo is huge!  I think the rose garden is at the same location too, but we were pooped by then and had to head home.

Okay this is silly but tne thing we wanted to do but didn't was visit Voo Doo Donuts!  We heard about them on Anthony Bordain's show on the Travel Network.  They have a maple donut with BACON on it, we really wanted to try it!  :)~  They're also ordained to perform marriages if you and hubby feel like renewing your vows over some Bostom cremes....  :)~

-Deborah

• DH and I went to the Edgefield a few years ago and had a great time. ?If the weather is decent, definitely play their golf course. ?We both loved it - it's fun for everyone - DH is a big golfer, and I'm not at all.

Also, if you're looking for a good restaurant to hit while you're down there, we went to Paley's Place for our anniversary this year (paleysplace.net) and it was fantastic.?