Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My sister was not allowed to kiss before she married her FI.

The reason: they are in a cult and their leader says that God only allows married people to be sexual in any way. She is married no, but no one was invited to the wedding except for the 20 people that are in her "group".

Actually she has cut off all contact with all her friends and family.

Re: My sister was not allowed to kiss before she married her FI.

• Thats really sad.  Any religion that  cuts you off from your friends and family is so toxic.
  • That's pretty intense. What religion do they follow?

Also, your siggy pic is too cute. I love that long blond hair! Such beautiful little faces.

• That is really scary.  I hope you have contact with her and she snaps out of this cult.  That is serious business when people cut off others.  That is a text book abuse move by a relationship partner. I dont know how it relates to cults.  She and you will be in my thoguhts and prayers.
  • I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I cannot imagine not having contact with my sister. :(
    256374_221932884596202_440355155_o
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Evelyn (3.24.10) and Graham (EDD 6.4.13) Ribbons & Raisins
  • My BFF from HS belonged to a church(cult) like this, and like many of the younger people, she broke away when she turned 18.  she also got pregnant to a drug addict, left him, lost the baby, got back with him, got pregnant again and then married him.  i still talk to her, but her mind was totally warped from growing up around that