Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Money Problems

2»

Re: Money Problems

• I say negatory to the rest because her H pretty much knows where this money went; it's got nothing to do with budget and that these 2 should cut back blah blah. it's not like she and her H. spent money on extas they didn't need or made some purchases that put them into the red. This bum's spent away pretty much a nightmare sum of money and this is where it's at.

While her DH may have gotten there buy splurging on all kinds of crazy things, she still needs to do those things to get out of debt.  It may not have been the cell phones that got her into this mess, but cutting cable and not eating out are going to help pay off that debt.

April is National Grilled Cheese Month. How are you celebrating? image
  • image RockysLove:

While her DH may have gotten there buy splurging on all kinds of crazy things, she still needs to do those things to get out of debt.  It may not have been the cell phones that got her into this mess, but cutting cable and not eating out are going to help pay off that debt.

What she really needs to do is run like hell. And leave this mess for him to pay off.

Something's eratically wrong with this picture that this type of debt was incurred. He also needs to come clean immediately where this money went -- and have proof to back it up -- but I don't see this happening anytime soon. That money is being used to foot an addiction, another woman/man or something else pretty seamy.

He's also lied to her. The money went to living expenses? This is why she got a call from Toyota asking her why she hasn't paid up in three months? (I'm suprised they didn't repo the car)

(I will also bet that her H has been emotionally and physically non-existant while this entire spending mess has been going on.)

• All the ladies here have given you excellent advice so far.  Confiscate all the bills.  Get copies of both of your credit reports at annualcreditreport.com.  Consider setting up a private P.O. box for bills.  Open a separate bank account and put all of your paychecks in there.  And get to the root of this problem.  I agree that there is probably something even more serious going on here; whether it's gambling, a girlfriend, who knows?  Could you please keep us updated on any news?
  • He lied to you and put your family, including two babies, in financial jeopardy. This is as big of a dealbreaker as cheating or abuse for me, so I would be consulting an attorney ASAP to discuss divorce or annulment options (I'm not sure what the financial implications of each would be).