BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Housewarming Regisrty Update

I wrote yesterday that we were going to my sisters housewarming and that we had gotten a a housewarming gift registry card in our invite for Crate & Barrel.  I had asked if folks had ever done a housewarming gift registry and what would be a good gift if not....  

So DH and I stopped by my sisters house yesterday before the housewarming party today and the place looks like they just moved in yesterday.  Now mind you they did buy a fixer upper but DAMN!!!  they have done a lot of work on the house since they first purchased it (moving walls, adding a bathroom, etc) but from the looks of the house I would NOT be having people over right now and I definitely wouldn't be asking people to buy me stuff from Crate & Barrel

SO...we are getting them a gift card from Home Depot 

BNOTB is the Best Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Housewarming Regisrty Update

• I've never heard of a housewarming registry- that's weird. But maybe I should set one up for our move next year...
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2m6jyp4.jpg[/IMG]
  • Setting one up is one thing but I felt like I had to go out and spend more money on a housewarming gift when the card came with the invite, they just got married 4 years ago and we did the whole gift thing then
    BNOTB is the Best Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Wow. Definately seems that they want new stuff on other people's dime. I've never heard of having a housewarming registry. We had a little outdoor gathering to get a jump on using our great deck when we moved in but we grilled, served the lunch and drinks and gave quick tours. Also waited till we were very well settled.
  • I had a housewarming party when I bought my condo several years ago (actually a hallowarming party...halloween party and housewarming in one.  It was fun!), and people were very sweet and brought me gifts, but I would never have dreamed of having a registry for it!  Seems tacky and greedy.
  • actually the home Depot Crd was what I was thinking would be good.?

That is what I gave my youngest brother for christmas one year since he and his wife had just bought a house. ?

• image ncuvilje:

SO...we are getting them a gift card from Home Depot 

good call

image image Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That could probably use that more than crate & barrel stuff.  Fixing up a house can get expensive.
  • I have heard of a housewarming registry. A lot of people do them BUT never when you were married 4 years ago. How can in four years you have already gone through all of the crazy stuff you get for your wedding/shower??

Good call on the HD card.?

• I've never heard of a registry for a housewarming party - seems tacky.  It was very nice of you to contribute to their renovations through a gift card though.