May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sad News

I called my mom to tell her I was on my way over to their house to hang out there before my brother's football game and she told me that one of our kitties died last night in her sleep. I didn't realize it would be so hard to lose a pet. I'm at my parents house right now and my cat is in the freezer because we want to bury her and I don't know if I want to see her right now for closure's sake or just let it go.

I'll miss you Hal.

imagehttp://tinyurl.com/6k7z6l" border="0" />

Re: Sad News

• don't look at her. Seriously. I looked at my grandparents after they passed, now that is all I see when I think of them. I can't remember them alive. I hate it. Don't look!!

I didn't look when a classmate of mine passed last year and I remember him alive, playing basketball, laughing in the halls at school, throwing javelin, etc.....not dead. Don't look at the cat!

• oh no!! i'm so sorry...it's very hard to lose a pet no matter how big or small (i cried for 2 days when i lost my hermit crab gary). 
  • lazy- that's just you though. some people need to do it to help them heal that way they don't still feel like the person is still around
  • I'm so sorry, Jane.  Losing a pet can be very hard.  When my dog was hit by a car when I was 16, I felt better seeing her one last time.  Even tho she didn't look good, I still needed to see her.  I do not remember her as a dead pet... I remember her in life.  When my cat had to be put to sleep 3 years ago, I was unable to be with him - I was 4 hours away (oddly enough, cleaning out my hurricane ravaged home).  I couldn't even make it to where my parents had him to see him before he had to go.  I am very sorry I never had a chance to see him before he was burried.

I'm also sorry Lazy, but I don't agree with your comments.  For some people the closure it brings to see a lost loved-one ones last time is very healthy.  I am very sorry and sometimes rather tormented by the fact that I was unable to see my brother before he was cremated (sp?).  Given the circumstances of his death, it was not something I was allowed... the last I had seen him was some 3 months prior.  That has been very hard on me.
  • Oh, Jane, honey I'm so sorry.  I know how hard it is to lose a pet.  I promise it will get easier, but allow yourself to grieve however you think is best (which might include seeing the cat one last time).  I know it has helped me in the past.

We love you!

• I am so sorry, it is really hard to lose a pet. Both of my cats died within 6 months of each other. I couldn't bring myself to go to the vet with them when they were euthanized.I couldn't watch them be killed.

I say its up to you on whether or not you see her. Maybe give yourself some time before you try.

• i know how you feel.  it's so so sooooooo hard to lose a pet.  sorry you're going through this.
  • I am so sorry! I just had to put my dog down. She was 15 and I have had her since she was 6 weeks old. It was hard. I say do what your heart is telling you to do. If you dont want to see her then dont. It does not make you a bad person or anything like that. (That is what I battled) I am so sorry for your loss. It is really hard.
  • i'm sorry jane, that sucks. at least take solace in the fact that she died on her own terms. she probably had a wonderful life with your family. just remember that.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.