Rhode Island Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]heknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Seriously I think my friend and her husband are nuts!

First off noticing as I typed that I left out best friend...ahhh how things change.

I don't get them I don't get it I don't get it!!!

They own a house in IL, take a 2nd mortgage on it to pay for some repairs and their wedding, then take a home equity loan out to go to Ireland for his grad school to use the $$ to run off of.  They sold their cars, all their furniture and are renting the house out right now but for under the price of the mortgage each month.

Then he decides to go to Ireland (it was all him she has changed so much since she met him and got married) for graduate school for an MBA they live around the road from northwestern University in Chicago - one of the top MBA programs in the nation.

So now they are renting this tiny little place in ireland, she's working yes, but they have little $$$ a mound of debt to come home to.

I'm talking to her on facebook now and she tells me her husband left the new student orientation early because it was stupid - it was for all of the out of country students, informing them on how to liver in ireland, telling them about the area, allowing them to meet people and he thought it was stupid so he left - he told katie - we dont' need to know how to live in ireland we already know how to live here - they've been there for a week.

Re: Seriously I think my friend and her husband are nuts!

• From that description, I would have to say I agree....

If I am understanding correctly, they have a house with a primary mortgage, second mortgage, AND a home equity loan.

The rental is not covering all of the expense on the house and they are now living in Ireland (with an apartment that they are paying rent on as well) so the husband can get his MBA but he doesn't even want to take part in the orientation?!?!

Why did he have to go to Ireland to get his MBA?  Is it some very specialized sort of field or something?  I can't see moving to a different country to get a degree unless that is the ONLY country that can offer me the degree in my field.  And even then, I might have to re-think my career/educational direction.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, please welcome
    JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS! (Hiro, Meena & Max)
    What are YOU looking at?!?!?!........................I put a spell on you!!
    Just hanging around........................Break Dance Kitteh

My Healthy Dining Blog

The Remodel!
  • Gail you read all of that right!  I know it all from her she doesn't keep things from me so when she ever told me that I about died.  The program is a staight MBA Program - it is a fast track program - 1 year - but a LOT of the big universities offer a fast track program.  Including Northwestern, Purdue, MI, etc.
  • I don't get it.  In this day and age, this economy, I think they are setting themselves up for some major issues when they get back to the states.

I wish really them luck and hope it winds up working out in the end.

(I bet if this got posted on Money Matters some of the folks over there would FLIP!)

And now, for your viewing pleasure, please welcome
    JOSIE & THE PUSSYCATS! (Hiro, Meena & Max)
    What are YOU looking at?!?!?!........................I put a spell on you!!
    Just hanging around........................Break Dance Kitteh

My Healthy Dining Blog

The Remodel!
  • Gail Darling, Adam and I flipped out about this as well - and all she wants is to start a family as well while they are over there or as soon as they get home if they decide to come back to the states.
  • Wow . . . it's snowballing.  One bad decision after another!