Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My brain hurts

Don't like Palin because she's pro-life, anti-gay marriage, conservative, etc.

But please, please, don't make the argument that she doesn't have enough experience, not when we have Obama on the other side.

*prepares for the flames*

Click me, click me!

Re: My brain hurts

• I kinda thought her inexperience nullified that whole argument?
  • Flame - you are just ignorant, you can't help yourself. (kidding!)

Real response - I'm going to vote for the McCain/Palin ticket because she's pretty. :)

As far as experience, well at least she's only the VP, it'll be a bit before she falls into the Presidency.

AND...I'm so messed in the head at this point on who I'm going to vote for.

• image MsJen:
    1. As far as experience, well at least she's only the VP, it'll be a bit before she falls into the Presidency.

All it will take will be one fall and she'll have the Presidency. 

• What if McCain dies before the election?  He turned 72 today...  Just sayin.  He's old.
  • All I have to say is at least she will be the VP and not the Pres.

• image steve&heather:
    image MsJen:
    1. As far as experience, well at least she's only the VP, it'll be a bit before she falls into the Presidency.

All it will take will be one fall and she'll have the Presidency. 

Exactly. 

• Um, she has STATE experience. He has NATIONAL experience.
  • "Um, she has STATE experience. He has NATIONAL experience."

Um - who has national experience?  I hope you do not mean the man with 2 years as a senator, who only proposed one bill before he started his campaign.  Not to mention he has no managerial experience what so ever.

SHE has not only run a state, but a city as well.  Management over a small town provides more experience for running a country than sitting in an office, listening to special interest groups (I WAS one of those special interest groups and I know what their day is like) and occassionally walking down the hall/to the next building for a vote.

McCain, at least has been in office enough to have sat on a wider variety of committees for a longer period of time, to have a better knowledge of the issues facing the US and the world today. 

Not to mention the numerous bills he wrote that actually crossed the party lines (McCain/Fiengold ring a bell), as well as crossed party lines to vote with the Democrats on a number of times.

And as always, I am NOT a Republican nor a Democrat and DO NOT VOTE PARTY AFFILIATION AT ALL.  

Just trying to bring a non-biased / independent view to these here proceedings. 

[IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/Iluminespics/IMG_4759.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Ilumine:

"Um, she has STATE experience. He has NATIONAL experience."

Um - who has national experience?  I hope you do not mean the man with 2 years as a senator, who only proposed one bill before he started his campaign.  Not to mention he has no managerial experience what so ever.

SHE has not only run a state, but a city as well.  Management over a small town provides more experience for running a country than sitting in an office, listening to special interest groups (I WAS one of those special interest groups and I know what their day is like) and occassionally walking down the hall/to the next building for a vote.

McCain, at least has been in office enough to have sat on a wider variety of committees for a longer period of time, to have a better knowledge of the issues facing the US and the world today. 

Not to mention the numerous bills he wrote that actually crossed the party lines (McCain/Fiengold ring a bell), as well as crossed party lines to vote with the Democrats on a number of times.

And as always, I am NOT a Republican nor a Democrat and DO NOT VOTE PARTY AFFILIATION AT ALL.  

Just trying to bring a non-biased / independent view to these here proceedings. 

*snap snap snap snap snap*

I 1000% agree with this statement (or....these statements)......

• Actually, Obama has a great voting record. He is in the senate voting the majority of the time, unlike some politicians.
  • And I bet he has voted the same as McCain 90% of the time because many of the votes they do have little to nothing to do with running the country.

Also I want to say if those that are for Obama don't want his age to be brought up then they should play by their own rules and not focus on McCains.

• I am OVERJOYED that McCain picked a woman.  I don't care if it was a strategic political move.  I think it is AWESOME there is a woman--who does have actual experience and isn't just some cover girl--on a major ticket!

This does not mean I am voting for them.  I still don't know who I'm voting for and probably won't decide for sure until I see the debates.  But I freaking appreciate that McCain went ahead and chose a woman, because, political strategy or not, he is going public with the idea that a female politician is just as capable and deserving as a male politician!

This is very exciting to me.

• "Actually, Obama has a great voting record. He is in the senate voting the majority of the time, unlike some politicians."

First, voting is different than legislation creation.  And I do believe I was talking about that.  

Second, give me examples of his voting record.  

Third, how many of those votes were in abstentia, vs actually showing up?

[IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/Iluminespics/IMG_4759.jpg[/IMG]
  • One fact to know about Gov. Sarah Palin -- She is currently under an ethics investigation by the Alaska State Legislature for firing her Public Safety Commissioner. ?They believe she fired the Public Safety Commisioner because he refused to fire her soon-to-be-ex-brother-in-law who was an Alaska State Trooper.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/29/palin-ethics-investigation/

?

She belongs here at TIP. ? Imagine if we could try to get our troublesome family members fired...

?

• From what I read on the bil thing, his dumb ass should have been fired for his antics. However, the commissioner deserved to be fired for reasons unrelated to the bil. She was supposed to allow a man who was doing a crappy job to continue just because of her BIL's involvement? I think not.

And I'm sorry if people don't agree but in my world, taking responsibility for running a state, coming up with an operating budget, making the cuts yourself, vetoing extraneous crap and overall already more than fulfilling your campaign promises after only 20 months in office goes further than co-authoring a bill or two and voting when you aren't campaigning.

She's already accomplished more since her inauguration than the congress has since the last election.

Click me, click me!
  • Correction: I was wrong.  Palin is not the first female VP candidate.  Geraldine Ferrarro was, also for the Republican party.

But I still think this is really exciting for women.