Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cleaning electric ovens?

It's that time.  How do you clean your electric oven?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cleaning electric ovens?

• Mine is self-cleaning so I just turn the knob to that. For spot cleaning I buy a cleaner at target OR make a paste of baking soda & water and scrub it down really well. Depends on how dirty it is. We also put tinfoil on the bottom so that way drips don't always get on the oven surface.
    image Oops, I got into Dad's hair goop. At least I gotta mohawk! My Blog Updated: March 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm scared to death of self cleaning ovens, so I use Easy Off and it works amazingly. And for the amount of time and energy it takes for me or my DH to do it, it's not worth us running the self cleaning mode for like 4 hours. There are several different methods listed on the Easy Off can as to how to clean it, we went with the spray it on, leave it for 20 min. then wipe it clean. Worked perfectly. I've never seen the stove that clean.
  • I mix 2 tbsp. dish liquid, 2 tsp. borax and 1 qt. warm water. I rub that mixture inside the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes, then clean it with Bon Ami and a plastic scrubbing pad.