May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

do you ever feel like...

a simple question to an 800 number takes 35 minutes because when you finally get someone they won't let you off the phone? you have your question answered and then it goes something like this...

me: ok great! thanks so much for your help! goodb---

them: well ms. marylandwed we so appreciate your calling us today.have i answered your question?

me: yes

them:oh well that's wonderful. let me ask you ms. marylandwed, are you aware of our [insert program name]?

me: [sigh] no, i'm not.

them: [insert 5 minute script on new program]

me: thanks i'm just not interested.

them: but did you know you could save blah, blah, blah, blah.

me: yes, but it's not something i want to do right now.

them: okay ms. marylandwed. we so appreciate you calling us today. we value your business and we are here to serve you. have i answered all your questions today?

me: yes

them: okay wonderful. is there anything else i can assist you with?

me: no

them: okay well ms. marylandwed you have a wonderful day and thank you for calling xyz company

me: you too. thank you.

them: well i so appreciate that and i appreciate you calling xyz comp---

me: okay bye already!!! jeesh!

Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.

Re: do you ever feel like...

• i just hang up on them. you have to be really firm and basically yell that you aren't interested...
  • While I understand the frustration, I've been on the other side. 

You know that recorded voice at the beginning of the call that says the call may be recorded for quality assurance, or whatever reason they give?  That's not to monitor the customer that is to review the call center person.  If they don't say those things when their calls are reviewed they'll get into trouble and eventually could lose their job.  Very annoying.  Oh the joys of having worked in a call center.

• Yes. I work with annuity companies and have to call them all the time. Every call is just about the same. Only the first 35 minutes are taken up by trying to explain the information I need to the trainee on the other end. And all that closing out bs- it's not customer service if you're only nice and selling something at the end. Gah.
  • Another reason why I love the internet, e-mail, compnay websites, FAQ and self-service everything.  I hate when I am forced to call a company for reasons like that.
  • image xDanniellex:

While I understand the frustration, I've been on the other side. 

You know that recorded voice at the beginning of the call that says the call may be recorded for quality assurance, or whatever reason they give?  That's not to monitor the customer that is to review the call center person.  If they don't say those things when their calls are reviewed they'll get into trouble and eventually could lose their job.  Very annoying.  Oh the joys of having worked in a call center.

that's why i always try to be nice. i know they are a real person on the other end, just trying to do their jobs. it's more annoying that their companies have to make them do all that bs.

the post office now does the same thing. i feel bad for the workers cuz they have to ask 15,000 questions.

Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • it really is frustrating. i know they are doing their job, i used to work at a call center but man the hoops you have to run through to get a representative can drive a person insane!