Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

coming to Philly!!!!!

I will be in Philly with my DH, DS and sister next month. What are some family friendly activties to do? (my son is 13 months old)  Where are the good restaurants, shops etc. I'm so excited, I've always wanted to visit Philly!

Thanks!

Re: coming to Philly!!!!!

• Do you know what hotel you will be staying in? That will help give us more direction.  Also, what type of food/restaurants are you a fan of?  There are tons of options here...so give us some direction. 
  • Of course you have to do the historical stuff, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross, etc.

Independence Hall is free to visit, but you need a time stamped ticket.  You can obtain it at the visitors center, which is located at 6th and Market, the liberty bell is in between Indepence and the visitors center.

www.gophila.org is a great site to check out.

Have fun!

• There are some great kid-friendly musuems in the city - namely the Franklin Institute and the Plese Touch Museum (which your 13-month-old will love).  Eastern State Penitentiary is also a fun place to visit...do we know if it's OK for really young kids?  Might want to investigate that, as the stabilized ruin of a building might be a safety issue. 

I'm not much of a foodie, so others will have better restaurant recommends than me, but Franklin Fountain is a terrific old-fashioned ice cream shop near Penn's Landing that your family will love.   Clearly you must do the famed cheesesteak tour and taste-test Pat's and Geno's (across the street from one another).  Jim's on South Street and Tony Luke's are yummy, too.