Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I am in a rut-feeling very unsexy

Things have been really stressful lately, though it has been over good things.  I have been feeling very blah and unsexy.  Also, I have not been in the mood lately at all!  I just don't know what to do.  We are on a tight budget so the things I would do to feel pretty and sexy are out of the question (massage, main/pedi, new shoes/clothes).  I workout and try to keep in shape.  What can I do to get feeling sexy and attractive again?

Re: I am in a rut-feeling very unsexy

• Go to the sexy shop, get an edible body oil. Have a couples massage hour at home.. get him to rub you down and you can rub him down, kisses and what not. Even if you don't end up havign sex, you still get the benifits of a massage, and the intimacy of being with your H. And hopefully some sexy time for all!!!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2vmsk8h.jpg[/IMG]
  • Johnson and Johnson's lavender bubble bath is like $3 and gives fabulous bubbles that last a long time. I would suggest taking a nice looong bubble bath with candles and wine. Also, go to pandora.com and search "new age ambient" and play that while you're bubble bathing. I promise you'll feel amazing. Oh and (I know this sounds weird but..) I've also started using baby oil instead of lotion after my baths. It doesn't have that cakey feeling and soaks in super fast and give you long lasting soft skin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in the same boat!  Probably because I am pregnant and bloated.  I just don't feel sexy at all.  Good luck getting out of yours...I am trying also!
  • I feel exactly the same way! My husband and I are super stressed with the budget and I haven't been to get my hair done since November! And I don't remember the last time I bought new clothes! I just feel dumpy and unattractive. Try to put some money away in the budget to just do something for yourself even if it has to be 6mo from now, it will be worth it!
  • It feels so nice to see that there are other women out there feeling this way too! I haven't gone shopping or anything else for myself in so long - and with being so stressed over finances, etc..it does make one feel unattractive and unsexy! Thanks for the above tips though!
  • image river otter:
    I feel exactly the same way! My husband and I are super stressed with the budget and I haven't been to get my hair done since November! And I don't remember the last time I bought new clothes! I just feel dumpy and unattractive. Try to put some money away in the budget to just do something for yourself even if it has to be 6mo from now, it will be worth it!

Same here!  I haven't gotten my hair done in months and I haven't bought anything to speak of for my wardrobe in months.  I feel the same way-dumpy and unattractive.  I just feel so guilty spending money on myself when there are so many other things we need to get or save for right now. 

• One of my wife's friends had a inexpensive party called a switch and *** party. I had never heard of it, maybe since I'm a guy or it's something new. Just a few appetizers and each woman brings something nice that she doesn't wear anymore or bought and doesn't seem to like the same way she did in the store (typical at my house) and swap with their friends. It won't solve all your problems but it may get you something new and be a little fun! I'm sure you all look great! The crap feeling will pass. Doesn't it come and go? Go outside and start getting some sun. Suntans are free and make you look great! Just an idea!
  • I agree to some extent! My husband does his best to make me feel sexy and I do sometimes. Overall, though, i just feel dumpy. We are also on kind of a tight budget. It is amazing the power haircuts and new clothes have on us ;)
    "Love is an act of endless forgiveness; a tender look that becomes a habit." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image JayU79:
    One of my wife's friends had a inexpensive party called a switch and *** party. I had never heard of it, maybe since I'm a guy or it's something new. Just a few appetizers and each woman brings something nice that she doesn't wear anymore or bought and doesn't seem to like the same way she did in the store (typical at my house) and swap with their friends. It won't solve all your problems but it may get you something new and be a little fun! I'm sure you all look great! The crap feeling will pass. Doesn't it come and go? Go outside and start getting some sun. Suntans are free and make you look great! Just an idea!

They also cause cancer. :( I'm trying to start a revolution that porcelain skin is just as pretty as tanned skin. Also, porcelain skin looks nicer longer!

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness; a tender look that becomes a habit." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LoveBug10-09:

They also cause cancer. :( I'm trying to start a revolution that porcelain skin is just as pretty as tanned skin. Also, porcelain skin looks nicer longer!

I second that!  I can't tan to save my life, even though I would love to have a beautiful bronze skin tone.  I wish that porcelain skin wasn't considered unfashionable.

• Dance naked.  If you can laugh and have a good time it doesn't matter what you are wearing or what color your toes are. 
  • I completely understand where you are coming from!  Normally I would splurge on clothes/beauty to make myself feel better too, but something I recently discovered was changing up what I already have. 

If you get on YouTube, search make up and hair do's.  I've found step-by-step tutorials on different updo's and ways to do my make up and have spent $0 because I just use what I have around the house.  Once you do that, every girl has an outfit that they have total confidence in - throw that on and see if your attitude changes :)  I know mine does!

• image music83lover2001:
    image LoveBug10-09:

I second that!  I can't tan to save my life, even though I would love to have a beautiful bronze skin tone.  I wish that porcelain skin wasn't considered unfashionable.

You don't need to be out in the sun to tan to get the benefits of the sun.  Just sitting out in the sun for ten mins can warm your skin and give you vitally needed vitamin D.  I am in no way saying that you should go sit out in the sun and burn yourself.  If you like your doll skin awesome but there are many benefits to being outside, in the sun.

• Mmmm, and it feels great to sit in the sun for such a short period of time! I love it, and then you don't need to deal with a sunburn later. :)