Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Please recommend things to do in Toronto

Hello,

What are some cool things to do in Toronto and what are some nice restaurants that are a must.  What is the best area to stay at so that you are close to everything and dont need a car?

Thanx,

R.

Re: Please recommend things to do in Toronto

• I think it's best to stay downtown and close to the subway so that you can buy a day pass if you want (if it's on the weekend I think you can get one for 2 adults and kids but suggest you check with ttc.ca to verify all of that).

As for what to do - I guess it depends what kind of what you're interested in? Sports? we have that (baseball and soccer right now) and places like the Hockey Hall of fame. Shopping? Lots of that (downtown you can go to Eaton centre or if you like boutiques go to Queen West or West Queen West for more unique stores. Yorkville is where all the high end shops are. 

If you want to see the city quickly and get a sense of all the different areas I'd suggest doing a 'hop on, hop off' tour. You can see the distillery district (historic area with good restaurants - often used in movies like "Chicago"), Casa Loma (literally a castle in the middle of the city) and some of what I call the treasures in the city (different areas like Little Italy, Greek Town, etc).

If you're here during the warmer weather I'd also suggest getting on the ferry to go over to Centre Island and have lunch (a picnic is awesome if you can pack one). Gives you beautiful views of the city and it's a pedestrian/cyclist only island so you can walk around or relax. There is a beach area but I wouldn't swim if I was you.

There's so many more things to do I know I haven't covered everything but that was off the top of my head. 

Have a great trip!