South Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Allergy Relief

I have suffered with allergies all my life.  Some years they have practically forced me indoors all the time.  I moved to the shore fulltime 5 years ago and hoped they would improve.  They got worse.  After suffering with no meds last season while pregnant, I wanted to get a jumpstart on them this year.  I started taking 1 tablespoon of locally made honey each morning and have had the mildest symptoms at the worse.  Just thought I'd share.

Re: Allergy Relief

• I heard about this and bought some local honey.  I'm not sure that it helped, but then again I haven't been religious about taking it every day. 

I'll have to get on more of a schedule of doing it and see how it works.  I'll try anything at this point!

• Ok I need to know more about this DH has the worst allergies I have ever seen with an annoying cough. Do you just eat it straight up or in tea or something?
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/smdsld.jpg[/IMG]

Jerry & Diana 8/29/09

TTC since 11/2009

HSG 4/2010 dx blocked tube

1st IUI 8/10/2011 50 chlomid + ovidrel bfn

9/2011 follicle on blocked side no IUI 50 chlomid

2nd IUI 10/14/2011 100 chlomid + ovidrel bfn

3rd IUI 11/6/11 Letrozole + ovidrel bfn

4th IUI 12/30/11 Follistim + ovidrel bfn

5th IUI 1/26/12 Follistim + ovidrel no ovulation bfn

6th IUI 5/24/12 Follistim + novarel ovulation confirmed bfn

7th IUI 6/17/12 Follistim + novarel proj check 6/22/12

P/SAIF welcome!
  • I have heard of that too!  There is a local honey place in Cherry Hill that I bought some honey from at a craft fair.  It is actually blueberry flavored (slight hint of blueberry).  I can check on the name of the place in case anyone is interested.
    image Anniversary
  • I have never heard of this! I would love an alternative to the Flonase and Allegra D I have to take every day.
  • I am so going to try this! I've been having the worst time with my allergies this year and between my right eye watering non stop and this cough I can't shake I need a good remedy! Thanks for posting!!!
  • I have heard so many other people say the same thing about local, raw honey. I'm going to have to have my hubby try it this year. We've used Hyland's Seasonal Allergy Relief, and it has worked pretty well. I like it because it's natural and safe. I believe you can probably even use it while pregnant or breastfeeding (although you'd have to check Hyland's website). There are some other good homeopathic brands as well, but we like Hyland's a lot. But we'll give the honey a try as well, because it can only help.