Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

period after iud removal?

Not necessarily the first period you had, but the ones after... I got my first post-iud period like three days after removal, but here I am expecting it today or tomorrow and I don't have a single. sign. of it. I normally spot for a couple days before I get it... nothing.

So, does it sometimes take a few cycles to go back to normal (similar to the pill)?

Re: period after iud removal?

• I have no idea what is supposed to happen but I just got my second period exactly 28 days after the first.

I really could not stand the IUD- I had the Mirena and feel it did wreak havoc on everything in my body. So I am sure there can be a few months before you regulate for some people.

• mine came just as usual. i had one two weeks after and then i got it right on time the last two months.  everyone is different though.  I definitely wouldn't worry/get excited for another week or two.
  • Everyone is different.  I started AF 3 days after my IUD removal and that was almost 2 weeks early.  The Dr. said not to worry.  I then started on regular 30 day cycles until recently.  Then I started having irregular cycles, but my IUD has been out for a year.  The irregular cycles must be stress related. 

I've also heard that a lot of ladies have really light periods right after IUD removal and sometimes for a few months.  Mine was extra heavy.  Like accident causing heavy.  It took a few months to lighten and now the "flow" is pretty normal.  I used to joke and say that after having hardly any spotting for 2 years it was back with a vengeance.