Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Keeper or Moon Cup

There was a post about this and I have no idea what it is. Can someone explain???

Re: The Keeper or Moon Cup

• Im assuming it might be like the diva cup and for your period.  Im not sure though.  Google it
  • Duh why didn't I think to google it. Thanks! I have never heard about anything like this.
  • Yes, they serve the same function as the Diva Cup.

It's a menstrual cup that collects the flow.  It can usually be worn for up to 12 hours, and you take it out whenever you want, empty the contents into the toilets, rinse it, and stick it back in.

The Moon cup is very similar to the Diva cup, as they're both made from silicon. The Moon cup is available in the UK; the Diva cup is available in the US and Canada.  It's whitish/clear.

The Keeper is a latex version of that and has been around since the 1980s (i think).  It's brown.

• Ew, why would they make one brown?  That just seems ugly.

Question for those who use it: what do you do if you have to empty somewhere other than home that doesn't have a private restroom?  I've always wondered about that....

• Emily - since the cup holds an ounce and can stay in up to 12 hours, many people don't have to worry about emptying it in a public restroom, and can wait to empty it until they get home. In public, i've always searched for private restrooms, though, if i needed to empty it.

But even in non-private restrooms, you can just wipe it off with t.p. and stick it back in.