New Mexico Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Little mountain town rec's?

I've lived here my whole life but traveled NM very little.  DH and I would like to go out of town Mother's Day weekend, Mother's Day is also our son Ethan's birthday so we want to celebrate the two occasions.

I grew up in Ruidoso so there and surrounding areas is out.  We're in Abq and thinking somewhere up north.  We want mountains, trees, water, etc. everything Abq isnt!  Taos, Red River, Angel Fire?  Any rec's with things to do in the area that you can take a toddler to and do while pregnant?  Thanks!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.

Re: Little mountain town rec's?

• flameflame member
    Ancient Membership Combo Breaker

When you say you want water, what do you mean? DO you want to be right by a stream/river or just want to know it's there.  In Taos, you don't actually see the Rio Grande because it's in teh Gorge.  But Taos is noce and green.

To be right by water, I would do Red River or Eagle's Nest or Angel Fire.  ALthough I always drive through those cities and never vcation there.

My favorite river/mountain town is Pecos.  You can rent cabins right on the Pecos River and just chill. But Pecos is very laid back. I'm not even sure id the restauraunts have opened for summer season yet.  But you have Pecos National monument nearby.

Also, I really like Jemez Springs for the same reasons - you can stay right on the Jemez River.  But hiking, hot springs and biking are teh main activities in Jemez.