Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Football/2nd B-day party

OK - I need help on the menu for this! It is 9/27 and we are having our annual OSU game party and combining it with our son's 2nd B-day. It will start at noon and probably go until at least 3:30 or whenever the game is over. We are planning to smoke a pork shoulder and have BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, along with taco dip/tortilla chips, regular chips, veggie tray, fruit skewers with fruit dip, flat buckeyes (basically peanut butter/chocolate car cookies), homemade caramel corn, ice cream cake from DQ (for the b-day cake). Beverages will be beer, soda, apple cider and water.

Do you think we need anything else? Any suggestions? I'll be making a lot of it myself (DH will smoke the pork). We will have about 15-20 people.

Thanks!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Football/2nd B-day party

• That looks like a great menu.  This what the only thing extra that I thought of, are you inviting kids to the party, and will they eat what you are serving?
  • i would add a salad; potato or a tossed chopped cobb and something for the kids like hot dogs or homemade mac and cheese.

• I certainly could fill up on that menu.  If you want I'd think about some coleslaw.  I love some piled on a great BBQ pork sandwich,

Go BUCKS!

• Thanks so much! I like the idea of the cole slaw. DH and I don't like it but I know other people do and it is easy to make and goes well with pulled pork. Pasta or potato salad would also be good options. I think we will add hot dogs to give people another option on the main dish and kids like them. Thanks again!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers