Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

no one is RSVPing

I sent out invitations to a shindig next weekend. It's somewhat of a Labor Day BBQ, but also somewhat of an open house to show off our new house and all the work we did on it this summer.

So far, I've gotten a couple of "I don't know if I can come yet" responses, but I haven't gotten anyone to say yes.

What should I do? Should I just go ahead and host it and freeze whatever food is left? I really don't want to have to call 50 people and ask if they are coming, and I really don't want to go through a bunch of effort to make a nice party if no one is going to come. Obviously if I cancel, I'm going to end up calling 50 people anyway, so that's not the answer either.

I'm thinking that some of the problem might be that people are thinking it is a housewarming party and they are supposed to bring a present, which is not the case. I just want attention, not gifts. Another problem is that most of our friends and family live out of town, so attending a party here is a big to do.

Any suggestions?

Re: no one is RSVPing