Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Questions

Also, what percentage are selected for O-2, O-3, O-4, etc.  Some services trim you out early, others wait.

I got this from the FAQ Military web  page, can someone please explain what 0-2 0-3 and 0-4 means?

Re: Questions

• yes, an AAIT and a associates in culinary
  • You need a BA to be an officer. At least in the USAF. I'm not sure about other branches. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Some times it depends on age as well. 
  • image LemonLover33:
    You need a BA to be an officer. At least in the USAF. I'm not sure about other branches. 

This is true for the Marine Corps as well.  The only "exception" is for Warrant Officers.  There are various programs to become an officer in every branch.

• Ok so I will not be asking this question then :)
  • image Killer Cupcake:

image LemonLover33:
    Some times it depends on age as well. 

What do you mean? 

Like in the USAF, you can only become an officer until age 32. Then you need a waiver.  

• As Cupcake stated, there are options to go from enlisted to commissioned.  He can apply for MECEP (Marine Corps-specific) and other programs that actually pay him to go to college.  Upon the completion of his degree and required officer training, he owes a certain amount of time to the military- generally six years.

Does that answer your question?

As far as weeding people out in the officer ranks (if that's what you were asking), that simply happens due to the increased difficulty of getting promoted at the higher ranks as well as retention rates.  Those percentages will likely vary for each military branch.