Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Yay for cheapassity!

Our wedding photographer just called.  They are clearing out their files from '07 and '08 and are destroying the file with our wedding photos.  We didn't buy the copyright because I think they wanted $1500 or something insane. 

Since they're destroying the files, they are selling us a disc with the photos and the copyright for $100.  I'm so glad we were cheap (by cheap I mean poor, and by poor, I mean not stupid) 3 years ago!

3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali

Re: Yay for cheapassity!

• Rock on!  You just saved yourself $1400.  You should buy yourself something nice.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • That's awesome, but if they were going to destroy it anyway, why not just give it to you?
  • that's pretty cool that they called and offered it.  Now you should do funny photoshops and post them here.
  • Someone got themselves a coke habit since you got married and need funds fast.   Congrats!
  • That's awesome, but if they were going to destroy it anyway, why not just give it to you?

What kind of idiot would do that?

::phone rings::

Mysterious Caller: Is this Groomz McFinehiney?

Groomz McFinehiney: Why yes, indeed it is, how may I help you on this lovely afternoon?

MC:  I have your wedding pictures.

GM: Well of course you do, my friend.  You own the copyright.

MC: If you don't do exactly as I say, I will DESTROY THEM.  Mwuahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

GM: Oh my, what are your demands?

MC: Just give me you address, and I'll mail them to you along with the copyright at my own expense. 

See, that doesn't even make sense.

Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Jerrous!! But you just sunk my battlesh*ts that my engagement pic files are still lovingly being stored and cared for. We never got the rights to those and I never ordered any prints. Sad face.
  • I am amazed that photogs don't just offer the rights as part of the package anymore as standard.
  • This is really odd to me because every photographer I looked at for our wedding gave you the rights to all your photos.  Maybe it's a regional thing?

Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I get them, but not until my album is done.  And I've been dragging my feet on finalizing the album images, so by the time I get my pics/rights, it will be 3/4 of a year since my wedding.
  • I don't remember the pricing, but it was something along the lines of:

2 8x10's and 12 wallets - reasonable price

Full wedding album and framed portrait - first born child

Disc with your photos, copyright to photos and a picture of photographer's mom's ass - Eleventy million dollars

Wedding album, portrait and disc and copyright - A Brazillion dollars and blowjobs for the entire staff, including Uncle Morty the sweaty lighting device holder upper guy.