Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Boo! Yay! Boo!

Mr. Spiderman just got a call from the car repair shop -- there's a very good chance they're just going to total it.  When discussing this possibility a couple nights ago, he said something about wanting to get a VW Rabbit.  I side-eyed him and asked when he turned into a 16 year old girl.  (He currently drives a Dodge Neon, which I also informed him is a girl car.)  So this sucks, but I'm hoping if it happens I can convince him to get something with terrible handling and acceleration so I no longer fear for my life while riding with him.
"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton

Re: Boo! Yay! Boo!

• The VW rabbit fits what you're looking for.
  • image CaliopeSpidrman:
    = So this sucks, but I'm hoping if it happens I can convince him to get something with terrible handling and acceleration so I no longer fear for my life while riding with him.

Huh? 

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Is there something with worse handling and acceleration than a Neon?
  • Maybe this:

image Ready to rumble.
  • There has to be something worse.  Because he drives that Neon like he's in the Indy 500.  I need something completely incapable of reaching more than 55mph.

Also, aren't there some cars that  offer a feature for parents of teens, they can lock them to not go above a certain speed? That's what you need and just don't tell him about it.

image Ready to rumble.
  • '99 Suzuki Sidekick.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Convince him to get a PT Cruiser. It has the handling and turning radius of an awful minivan with none of the space or comfort of a minivan.

Also, I couldn't remember the name of the PT Cruiser, so I googled "Chrysler Ugly Car" and it was the first thing that came up.

• PT Cruiser is the way to go.
  • You know who drives a PT Crusier? Paul McCartney's one legged ex wife. 
    image Ready to rumble.
  • "I'm here to test drive a Chrysler Ugly Car.  Do you have a blue one?"
  • My co-worker that says weird things and is convinced that the Chargers kicker threw a playoff game because he felt the Chargers didn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl drives a PT Cruiser. It is a chick car!

I'd like you to go into a dealership with a hidden camera and request to drive the Chrysler Ugly Car.

• I think a Model T Ford could be kind of dashing.
  • do you do what I do and yell "PRECIOUS CARGO!  I AM PRECIOUS CARGO, DAMMIT"?

and a Rabbit?  sweet.  That's what Jacob was rebuilding.  Tell him that I approve of his New Moon inspired purchase.

• Nothing is uglier than those cube cars, but I am nto sure about their handling.

I am a very aggressive driver. I could be an aggressive driver in any car. Poor handling would just make it less safe.

• image wingedbride:

I am a very aggressive driver. I could be an aggressive driver in any car. Poor handling would just make it less safe.

I did not notice this when I drove with you at FL.

• Another fug option for worst handling car:

I also enjoy that the rear windows have been covered, allowing for even worse visibilty.

Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image HappyTummy613:
    image wingedbride:

I did not notice this when I drove with you at FL.

Well I was a bit nauseous which affected that. Plus, i can drive less aggressively when I am responsible for others, but I prefer not to. I don't think I am careless, just aggressive.

• I have several VW buses which would fit the bill.