Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

a sign that I spend too much time here

One of my co-workers recently got back from a conference in Dallas. He was telling me about this awesome burger place that brews its own root beer. And I said, "Oh, Twisted Root?" And he was all, "Yeah! Have you been there?" And I said, "Oh. Um. No. But ah, my friend in Dallas...she likes it and has mentioned it a few times." I was thinking, "No, but my internet friends went there before they had their internet friend baby shower."

Re: a sign that I spend too much time here

• I worry that if I admit that this has happened to me, I'll have to admit I spend too much time here.

So, "Ha-ha! Noisy's a loser who is friends with the internet."

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • No.  You just have your finger on the pulse of every major metropolitan city.  That's it.
  • I've done that with you NP.

Oh, I know of this really great cupcake place.  How did I find it?  Um.  I drove past it one day and thought it looked neat...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I do that all the time.

I am your friend in Houston thought. Unless you are talking about shamwow and not me, which is cool you know. But I was here first damnit.

• I feel like 85% of my stories start with "My friend from xxxx...."  I'm always referring to one of you guys.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I know you're from Houston Winged. "Friend from Dallas" was easier to explain than "Friend from Dallas met Friend from Houston and Friends from Oklahoma and Friend from Austin." In my head, though, you're all my Friend from Dallas.

• image CaliopeSpidrman:
    I feel like 85% of my stories start with "My friend from xxxx...."  I'm always referring to one of you guys.

mine too.  now my H has taken great joy in guessing who it is.

me: My friend in Oregon just bought a new house!

H: oooh, lemme guess which one it is . . . is it Fenton?

me: No!  It's Calie.

H: heeeeey!  I was going to guess her next!  why'd you tell me?

me: Well, Fenton is from, you know, Fenton, MO.

H: that makes sense.  Well, congrats to Calie.

• That's too funny, Tasty, because Mr. Spiderman is the same way.  You and Fenton are always his first two guesses.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image noisy_penguin:
    I know you're from Houston Winged. "Friend from Dallas" was easier to explain than "Friend from Dallas met Friend from Houston and Friends from Oklahoma and Friend from Austin." In my head, though, you're all my Friend from Dallas.

It's okay to admit to Winged that it was me.  I'm awesome, she understands

• Shh, she might kill us with her murderous pregnancy hormones.

• You know, I'm just going to gloss over the fact that there was no friend from Louisiana in that list, and understand that you just forgot where I live.  That's it.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • I lumped you in with the Oklahomans by accident. And I hate you.

• image noisy_penguin:
    I lumped you in with the Oklahomans by accident. And I hate you.

Quoting so you can get charged with manslaughter if I kill myself, bully.

The nerve!
    House | Blog