Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vent... need your help/thoughts

So Brian's grandma died two mornings ago. The funeral is Friday at 1:00 in Virginia. 

The only feasible flight for us to take is tomorrow meaning I will miss all day of work. Typically not a huge deal... but tomorrow is Maundy Thursday, which in the church is a big deal... think last supper/foot washing.

With the church offices closed on Friday, a lot of people go through the church tomorrow, and I am getting a bit/lot of resistance to the idea of going...

HELP!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vent... need your help/thoughts

• I don't really know what your job entails, but if the office can't function a day without you, that's their problem.

I'd go see your family.

Happy thought to you and your DH.

• anneganneg member
    Ancient Membership
    uh, your husband's grandmother died.  that trumps work and i'm quite sure jesus would understand.  they're just gonna have to deal; tell them when you're going and don't start getting into a negotiation about it.  and if you're really getting pushback, tell them you're sorry she died at such an inconvenient time for them.
    great blasket island, co. kerry, ireland june 2011
  • I would go to her funeral.  You work for a church and I am sure they will be supportive in your decision.
  • Do what feels right. It sounds like you really want to go (or else Brian/the family really wants you to go) and even if the church doesn't want you to, I would think they should be fairly understanding.

How does Brian feel about it all? My 2c are that if you don't feel it would put your job in any jeopardy, make it happen.

Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice
  • My opinion on grandparents' funerals is that the person will only die once and this is the only opportunity to attend the funeral.  It won't happen again and if you miss it to work, you'll never get that back.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Family comes first. A church, of all places, should understand that. There is no question that you need to go to the funeral.
  • Thanks ladies. I think/know they will understand. The stress of the whole situation, plus time of year, is just bringing out the anxiety of this week in people. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image Roni.Cedra:
    Thanks ladies. I think/know they will understand. The stress of the whole situation, plus time of year, is just bringing out the anxiety of this week in people. 

you will be happy that you went when everything is calm after the holiday.  Safe travels!

• image JarednCala:
    Family comes first. A church, of all places, should understand that. There is no question that you need to go to the funeral.

This.

I'm sorry about your loss. Hugs to you and your DH.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of his Grandmother.

I would do what feels right to you, which is sounding like going to the funeral. Family comes first and the church really should understand.

• You should go if at all possible. So sorry! 
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2ih6wxf.jpg[/IMG]
    <a href="http://www.tinyurl.com/43ujxm>">Married Bio</a>