Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sex offender uncle

2»

Re: Sex offender uncle

• This may sound un-safe, so I'd only do it if I knew I could keep myself out of harm's way... but...

If I were you, I'd get on a plane. I'd go to my mother, look her straight in the eye, and tell her to get help.  I'd have a list of therapists and a step-by-step process for getting a restraining order. I'd tell her that I love her and my father, but they EVER want me, my DH, or my children to step foot in their city again, this has to be done.  I'd exlpain this my last visit until either uncle dies or she goes through with it. I'd explain I am no longer going to listen to her complain about it, though I will still talk to her and love her.

Go home, and then, do what was posted earlier and refuse to keep talking about it and mulling it over. Is she says, "he called and asked to come here" you respond with, "You can discuss this with the police or a professional, but not me".  Then exlpain to mom that she isn't stuck, that she has been presented with a solution, and that SHE is chosing to make her life miserable and unsafe.

It sounds harsh, but like someone said, if my mom were in danger, I'd lose all rational and control. 

• I am glad you have enough common sense to see he is a criminal who needs to be locked up for good. Your mom on the other hand seems like she needs some mental help. I don't care if they are family or not, it doesn't take rocket science to realize these crimes are enough to cut any communication.