Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

saved it, too bad I only read the first page of replies

did anyone happen to save the other 2 pages?

fyi - I am referring to the DD of the man teasing a little boy and the ensuing drama his wife created.

Re: saved it, too bad I only read the first page of replies

• The In-Law Family Problems

-->

Hello to Everyone,

I haven't been on the nest in awhile and need advice from people who don't know my husbands family. The other week at church my brother in-law and sister in-law were late to church and had to sit on the other side of the church and my nephew because he gets dropped off early for his childrens choir sat with me, my husband and my other sister-in-law. My nephew told my husband that he got a new wallet and my husband said No Really. Joking of course. He is the biggest jokester and love to play jokes and joke around with everyone and anyone. Well after church he want to his mother and said that my husband was calling him a liar about getting a new wallet and was crying and can't understand why he is calling him a liar. He is 8yrs old. The next day my sister in-law facebooks a message to by husband and I attacked us for calling him a liar and to stop joking around with him. (I was not even around when this happened I was actually having a discussion with our Pastor about our church softball team) I told my sister in-law that if she has an issue with my husband she needs to work it out with him that I am not responsible for his actions or words. She then became rude and said well I thought you would care about this and I guess not and won't make that mistake again. I told her she should have had a private conversation with my husband and not put me in the situation because I wasn't even around and what she was trying to get me to correct my husbands behavior and tell him what to do. And before accusing him of the situation she should have found out the other side.

Three days later she calls me while I am at school during my free time and asked why there was so much tension between us. I told her the same thing again I felt what she did was wrong and should not involved me in this. This is between her and him no one else. Then she went on to say that me, my husband, his sister, and parents always pick on him and treat him basically like dirt. Which is not true if anything we treat him better than his parents because they spoil our neice and ignore our nephew. And she continued to tell me that I don't care about them and that I also treat them horribly and am basically the worse person ever. I said that she would basically need to make a decision by Sunday. She could accept us for how we are with the kids or we will have a hello and good-bye relationship with the kids and it is her choice.

In between all of this she told her husband (by brother-in-law) lies and said that now because I am attacking her she can't go on a church retreat at the end of April because I won't watch the kids now. Which she never asked me to do because I have a bridal event that weekend and wouldn't even be home. Also, she told him I called her and said that me and my husband were only going to have a hello and good-bye relationshop with the kids.

Yesteday at lunch when I asked her what her choice was I got attacked by my husbands family that I was the horrible one and was told to grow up and get over it because I attacked her first.

Any Advice on what to do or say....

• imoanimoan member
    10000 Comments Eighth Anniversary
    Damn it!  I tried to go back but it didn't work.
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • The reason I was deleting it hunny is becasue everyones advice was to get over it and I did that why I deleted the post.
  • I am not your "hunny" biotch
  • Why did the mom have to make a choice? That's where I'm lost. A good reply would have simply been "I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'm not entirely sure what was said since I wasn't around when this happened. So I can't really take sides, and I choose not to - again, if this is an issue, I think you should bring it up to DH and talk it over with him" End of story - don't let someone keep bullying you into saying anything... just keep repeating it and hang up the phone. You are bringing unnecessary drama into it by telling an ultimatum. I mean you didn't want her to tell you to tell your husband what to do, why are you doing the same to her? Pot.... Kettle.
  • image Starstruckchaos:
    Why did the mom have to make a choice? .

So they could plan the "rumble" after next Sunday... the only question is if they should have it in the baptismal or the foyer.

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • image jamiemagnew:
    The reason I was deleting it hunny is becasue everyones advice was to get over it and I did that why I deleted the post.
    Huh.  Interesting.  that actually wasn't my advice, but we can't go back and look at it now, can we?  Because you DD'd it. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• image Lady Disdain:

image Starstruckchaos:
    Why did the mom have to make a choice? .

So they could plan the "rumble" after next Sunday... the only question is if they should have it in the baptismal or the foyer.

lol.

• OMG I would have DD'd too... out of embarrassment over my lack of spelling and punctuation skills. I couldn't even discern half of that nonsense.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker