Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

In-law stories

Do any of you have crazy in-law invasion stories? Examples include your mother-in-law barging in ridiculously early on Sunday morning or pretty much anything you'd see on Everybody Loves Raymond. I'd love to hear them!  You can either post them below or email them to me at llevine at theknot.com if you'd rather keep it private.

Thanks so much!

~Lauren

Re: In-law stories

• Here's one for you..

My MIL calls my DH every night to ask him what he's had for dinner. Then she asks him if he liked it. Blah!!

?

?

• Did I mention that she gave an 4 minute toast at our wedding basically calling me a "B" as it goes:

"Well, as a mother of 5 boys, I am just not use having girls in my life. I am just not use to having girls around. I am not use to the attitudes and everything that comes along with having a girl. At the end of the day, let's just say we KNOW who's boss (implying herself).?

?

?

?

• For 6 mo after we go married, DH and I had to live at my in-laws house, as ours was under construction.  One morning, DH and BIL (which was also living in the house - he was 19 yrs old then) had plans to play golf, but DH hadn't woken up yet.  So, instead of calling DH's cell phone to wake him up, or even knocking on the door, BIL decided it was best to just walk into the room where DH and I were sleeping.  Luckily, I wasn't nude, and we weren't doing the mattress mambo... but boy was I upset.  Luckily Dh gave him a mouthful!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My OUT-OF-STATE parents came for a visit last weekend.  The weekend before that we told his mom (who lives an hour away and we visit often) that mine were coming for a visit.  Okay...SHE then tells us later that day they're coming to stay the night on Saturday.  What happened to being a good guest and WAITING to get invited?!?!  I don't get to see my parents all that often...What the crap?!?
  • So about a month ago DH & I moved into our new house. The second day there I get home from work my MIL is in my Kitchen cleaning everything, and then proceeds to me to change so "we" can unpack. She then decides to let me know exactly how I was going to decorate & where everything  should go. I excused myself and told DH if he didn't get her out of my kitchen I might lose it.

She was there because she heard the his brother was coming to help us do some repairs in the bathroom. She also randomly stops by the house. What I think is funny is we only live about 5 blocks from my parents and we end up seeing his mother & father more because of the suprise stops.

~danielle~ Anniversary