Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Sangria recipe?

Re: Good Sangria recipe?

• I like this one - I've tried with both red and white wine and it's always been a crowd pleaser. http://tinyurl.com/5lqkyd
    74 books read in 2011
  • I made this one up...it tastes good to me and the family never complains!!!

1 bottle of Reisling

16-18 oz. of blood orange juice or mango juice, or a combination of the two

6 mint leaves, crushed

1 apple cubed, not peeled

1/2 cup of raspberries

1/2 cup of blueberries

1 blood orange, sliced

Splash of Lemon juice or liquer

Mix the Reisling and the juice, then add the apples.  Gently bruise the berries with a pestle and mortar (or put them in a bowl or a ziplock bag and gently mash on em a bit), add them to the wine/juice mixture along with the crushed mint, then add a splash of lemon juice or lemon liquer and stir.

• 1 Big bottle of any burgandy wine

1 bottle club soda

2 oranges

3 lemons

2 limes

Sugar to taste (about a cup is what I usually use)

Its my mom's recipe and I've ALWAYS gotten great feedback from it.  It makes a pretty big batch.  I use Sonic ice with it.  For some reason it just seems to make it taste better! =)