Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Preppy Golf Party

We are kicking around the idea of having a golf theme party for my brithday this year.  But I dont want it to masculine.  Do you have any ideas for decor & food?

I am going with a pink, sage green & brown color scheme and lots of argyle.

TIA!

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Preppy Golf Party

• Food- I would do finger foods-Tea Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Sandwiches For decor, just do simple bouquets in small square vases(bought at michaels). ?Have fun, I?immediately?thought of the movie The Wedding Date- where al the girls dress up in preppy argyle for the bachelorette party.
  • Thats right!  I love that movie and thats the attire we are going for.  Overkill.  It will be a coed party at night.  Its going to be on a rooftop hotel suite so minimal decor will be ok. I like the simple bouqets idea maybe I can put those in "tin cups" on the food table and I have large cylinders I can fill with golf balls.  Thanks!
  • Preppy drinks- gin and tonic, vodka tonic, etc. 
  • I hosted my SIL's golf themed baby shower last year, and it all turned out adorable!  Since she was having a boy, it was all blue / white themed.  The tableclothes were checkered blue. 

For the centerpiece, we used a silver bucket and filled it w/ golf balls.  Then we created the flag for each bucket; we used blue and white poster boards and made triangles; with the opposite color, we cut out numbers and pasted them ont he trangles.  The flags were then attached to a long stick. 

We purchased tees that said "it's a boy" but the can be customed ordered to whatever saying you want (if any!).  The tees were scattered across the table.

For food, it was a brunch, so we had tea sandwiches, a pasta salad, scones, muffins, waffle sticks, fruits.  A lot of the items we made them into baby-related shapes using cookie cutters (bottle, rattle, stork).

Oh, and for the cake, she ordered cupcakes instead.  Each cupcake had a mini golf course on top, with gree and a hole w/ the golf ball.

Everything was so original and it all came out amazing.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you coco!

I would love to see some decor pics if you dont mind. Angel

• You can really go all out.  Have Martini's and instead of a toothpick for the olives, use a golf tee!  I love the pink and green idea!  Very cute.