Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A style I don't understand

DH and I went to Park Meadows today to walk around and I saw probably half a dozen teenage girls wearing slippers. At the mall. I don't get that. Why would you wear slippers to the mall? Granted they were the kind that have rubber soles on them but still, everyone can tell they are slippers.

Apparently I am WAY not fashion conscious because I choose to wear shoes when I go to the mall.

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: A style I don't understand

• I'm okay with slippers... I went w/ Lydia on a FREEZING cold day and I think it's weird that all the teenage girls were wearing tube/halter tops and shorts with their asses hanging out... when it was like 14 degrees out. I'd take slippers over that!

• I used to wear slippers to school when I was in high school... big fluffy pink ones.  Embarrassed
  • Wouldn't that hurt your feet?

(You know you're old when you worry about feet comfort...)

A big old middle finger to you, stupid Nest.
  • I guess if you're going to wear pajama bottoms out in public (like I see on so many HS and college kids these days), you might as wear the slippers to match.

I personally don't get it either.  I'm all for being comfortable, but come on!

Married July 21, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's kind of funny, in my neighborhood I can tell the difference between the HS bus stop and the MS bus stop because the middle schoolers put a lot of effort into how they look (loads of makeup on the girls, carefully disheveled hair on the boys, "cool" clothes like skinny jeans, converse, etc) and the HS kids literally look like they just rolled out of bed. 

I think the slippers just wouldn't be comfortable to wear all day, especially walking around the mall, but I guess I'm just an old lady to worry about such things. :)  My wearing pajama pants in public era was between the hours of 3 and 5am in college hanging out at Perkins in Boulder.  

• I had to wear a slipper on my foot for a week when I had surgery on my foot in HS because I couldn't get a shoe on my foot and my foot hurt worse after that ordeal than after the surgery.

And ITA, I don't get it.

• I saw a grown man wearing slippers at McDonald's today.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was out and about today and I saw lots of people wearing pj's and slippers I just thought it was the weather didn't realize it was a new fashion trend. Confused
  • IMO...I think its basically the same thing as wearing crocs out in public
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2evayr5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/vghfv9.png[/IMG]

Bazinga!
    Liz's Yarn
  • image KeepingItLowKey:
    I'm okay with slippers... I went w/ Lydia on a FREEZING cold day and I think it's weird that all the teenage girls were wearing tube/halter tops and shorts with their asses hanging out... when it was like 14 degrees out. I'd take slippers over that!

Not as bad as halter tops & shorts, but I don't get the cropped puffy winter coats that go halfway to the waist.  I would freeze.  In fact, this morning I chose one puffy coat over the other because it goes down to cover my butt while the other goes probably just below my hips.