Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New to CO board: ask me anything

Hi there! I'm a Texas transplant, living in Colorado for the last three years. I've lurked here before, but mostly posted on the national boards.

Not sure what else there is to say, but ask me anything- I'm bored!

Sara

Lachlan
born March 2012

Re: New to CO board: ask me anything

• Hi and welcome! Glad to see you come out of lurking and I look forward to reading your posts. :)
  • How do you like living in Boulder?  What part of TX are you from?

Welcome! 

• Awesome! Welcome to CO board. I work in Boulder..nice to see some more nesties up this way!

Favorite hang out place in Boulder?

• Where did you live in Texas?
    ~Dana & Horace~*~Married July 10th, 2006~
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Photo courtesy of Ann Goldenberg Photography
  • I'm actually in Longmont right now because that is where I work, but we're looking to move to Gunbarrel in a couple weeks! Yippee!

Our fav place to hang out in Boulder is probably The Med, although we still have many places to try out, honestly!

I'm from Austin.. the best city in Texas.

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • Welcome!! My parents live in Longmont and work in Boulder so we're up there pretty often. Boulder is such a fun town!
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • what national boards do you post on?
  • image mr&mrswelch:
    what national boards do you post on?

Mostly 'Buying a Home' because, well, we're buying our first home.

I'm also addicted to D&R, and C&O. I'm a neat freak. Stick out tongue

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • welcome!!!
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/35cev4m.jpg[/IMG]
  • image micaela421:
    welcome!!!

Thanks! I love your wedding photo in your sig.

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • Welcome!

What's your favorite quick cleaning tip or unusual product you use for cleaning or organizing?

PHOTOS REMOVED

• image goldenjes:
    Welcome!

What's your favorite quick cleaning tip or unusual product you use for cleaning or organizing?

I'd have to say my fav thing for a quick room clean clean/cleared tables and counters. I use Clorox Greenworks All Purpose Cleaner, which works well for me since I clean constantly and nothing is ever stuck too long. Nothing unusual, though. I'm typically a vinegar and water girl.

I'm in packing mode right now, so in terms of organizing, all I'm really thinking about is how much can I fit in these boxes? :)

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • I went to a fantastic BBQ joint outside of Austin (probably 30 min away).  I just remember it felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.  I think it's pretty well known.  But it started raining like crazy and the restaurant flooded so we had to leave and take our food to go.  I wish I could remember the name.

Do you have any pets? 

• image WineCat:

I went to a fantastic BBQ joint outside of Austin (probably 30 min away).  I just remember it felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.  I think it's pretty well known.  But it started raining like crazy and the restaurant flooded so we had to leave and take our food to go.  I wish I could remember the name.

Do you have any pets? 

Was it Salt Lick? That's definitely in the middle of nowhere! I was a veggie most of my life in TX, but I've heard it's one of the best.

We have two furkids: a pom and a yorkie both 2.5 yrs old.

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • image gibbonlove:
    image WineCat:

I went to a fantastic BBQ joint outside of Austin (probably 30 min away).  I just remember it felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.  I think it's pretty well known.  But it started raining like crazy and the restaurant flooded so we had to leave and take our food to go.  I wish I could remember the name.

Do you have any pets? 

Was it Salt Lick? That's definitely in the middle of nowhere! I was a veggie most of my life in TX, but I've heard it's one of the best.

We have two furkids: a pom and a yorkie both 2.5 yrs old.

That's it!  I remember what the outside looks like.  It was so good! 

• image gibbonlove:

I'm actually in Longmont right now because that is where I work, but we're looking to move to Gunbarrel in a couple weeks! Yippee!

Our fav place to hang out in Boulder is probably The Med, although we still have many places to try out, honestly!

Whoo hoo!!! I'm from Austin too!! Where'd you go to high school?

DH and I are heading that way for a long weekend in a couple weeks. I'm SOOOO excited.

Welcome to the CO Board!

• image **Texas Gal**:
    image gibbonlove:

I'm actually in Longmont right now because that is where I work, but we're looking to move to Gunbarrel in a couple weeks! Yippee!

Whoo hoo!!! I'm from Austin too!! Where'd you go to high school?

DH and I are heading that way for a long weekend in a couple weeks. I'm SOOOO excited.

Welcome to the CO Board!

Awesome! I went to James Bowie in South Austin. I'm headed down there next weekend, and I can't WAIT!

Lachlan
    born March 2012
  • I went to Bowie too!!! What year did you graduate?