Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

rude dh

i had a baby 6 weeks ago. i am 5 ft tall and my ds weighed 9.6.  got up to 185 while pregnant and weighed in at 153 this week at the dr. i know i still have weight to lose but today my not so dh told me he thought i was gluttonus! we went to mc donalds and my dd had a vanilla cone, she gave me what she didnt finish and after i ate it i said " that was good, it makes me want my own" thats when he said it! i got really upset and told him it was rude to say i was fat because if he thought i was skinny he wouldnt care what i ate. long story short he thinks he did nothing wrong, and thinks im overreacting!

Re: rude dh

• How dumb can a guy be... Does he not know that anytime you refer to the wife as fat or anything of the sorts, he is in the wrong?!
    TTC#1 Lap #1 Jan 2009, Lap #2 April 2010, Lap #3 April 2011, Clomid cycle #1 Twin A&B born January 19th, 2012!
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/afasue.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'd remind him that your body is the one that had to change completely to nourish and deliver HIS child. 
    Currently Reading: Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes
  • What a douche. Personally, I'd throat punch him.
    Natural m/c @ 6 weeks - 3/1/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dh once made a really ugly remark to me when I was expecting our first child, about my weight. We did not have sex for  a year. I am sorry your dh is such an asss ; there is really nothing you can do to make him be less of a jerk, but you do not have to let him see you naked, either. 

I'm betting he took the "well, I'm only being HONEST" line, too. "You wouldn't want me to LIE, would you?" god I hate your dh.

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • I'd make him eat diet food for at least a month.  Throw out everything that is full-fat in your house and replace with low-fat/no-fat items.  When he b!tches, tell him that if you are going on a diet so is he.  Make only low-fat/no-fat dishes for dinner and remind him that it is really so that he is happy.

Mind you I would not be eating the crap - I would eat the better stuff before he got home.  Then, you will look like even more serious because you would be eating really small portions of the diet crap.

My H explained to me once how dinner needed to be ready the minute he walked in the door.  I tried to talk it though with him (I knew he had a sh!tty day and was taking it out on me), but he would not apologize/admit that he was wrong.  Two weeks of NO DINNER and he whistles a different tune now - he now respects that I have a job just as much as he does.  Surprisingly, I was never hungry (I would just eat before he got home).

• image angels_walk:

I'd make him eat diet food for at least a month.  Throw out everything that is full-fat in your house and replace with low-fat/no-fat items.  When he b!tches, tell him that if you are going on a diet so is he.  Make only low-fat/no-fat dishes for dinner and remind him that it is really so that he is happy.

Mind you I would not be eating the crap - I would eat the better stuff before he got home.  Then, you will look like even more serious because you would be eating really small portions of the diet crap.

My H explained to me once how dinner needed to be ready the minute he walked in the door.  I tried to talk it though with him (I knew he had a sh!tty day and was taking it out on me), but he would not apologize/admit that he was wrong.  Two weeks of NO DINNER and he whistles a different tune now - he now respects that I have a job just as much as he does.  Surprisingly, I was never hungry (I would just eat before he got home).

I think I love you!!!

OP, your H is a douche.  Let's see him pack on the kind of weight it takes to have a baby and lose it in six weeks!!!  Hell, its been 6 months since I had DS and I'm still heavier.  It took 9 months to get that way and it will likely take at least that long to get it off.  And FWIW, I'm BFing which is *supposed to* help get rid of the weight and, for me at least, it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

ETA, my DH would never be such an ass as to mention my weight.  I've been working out and watching what I eat, but its still going to take time.  And he knows it.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/f/fr7ha85jz.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • I feel sorry for you because your H sucks.

Have you ever seen him be critical of people before or is this just totally out of the blue? Just curious.

• men can be so insensitive sometimes.
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/35mfyoo.jpg[/IMG]
  • image imoan:
    I'd remind him that your body is the one that had to change completely to nourish and deliver HIS child. 

This.  What a jerk.

• image fussbucket:

I feel sorry for you because your H sucks.

Have you ever seen him be critical of people before or is this just totally out of the blue? Just curious.

hes a self rightious ass. he thinks he has the right to talk about everyone. no one wants his opinion because hes stupid and he knows it. thats why he passes judgement on other people. im bf ding too and this is my THIRD child. god what an idiot. next time he wants a piece of a** ill tell him its too damn big for him!!!

• image brandi.diane:
    image fussbucket:

hes a self rightious ass. he thinks he has the right to talk about everyone. no one wants his opinion because hes stupid and he knows it. thats why he passes judgement on other people. im bf ding too and this is my THIRD child. god what an idiot. next time he wants a piece of a** ill tell him its too damn big for him!!!

Okay, I'll ask the obvious -- why did you marry a self-righteous ass and then reproduce with him?

fiizzlee = vag ** fiizzle = peen ** Babies shouldn't be born wit thangs ** **They're called first luddz fo' a reason -- mo' is supposed ta come after. Yo Ass don't git a medal fo' marryin yo' prom date. Unless yo ass is imoan. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Then yo ass git a all-expenses paid cruise ta tha Mediterranean n' yo ass git ta hook up Jared Padalecki on tha flight over while bustin yo' jammies. But still no medal.
  • What a creep -- and I am sure he is no Mr. Universe himself.
  • image zitiqueen:

Okay, I'll ask the obvious -- why did you marry a self-righteous ass and then reproduce with him?

Took the words right out of my mouth... why do you continue to breed with him?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image angels_walk:

I'd make him eat diet food for at least a month.  Throw out everything that is full-fat in your house and replace with low-fat/no-fat items.  When he b!tches, tell him that if you are going on a diet so is he.  Make only low-fat/no-fat dishes for dinner and remind him that it is really so that he is happy.

I love it! You should write a book on how you train your husbands!

[IMG]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/STEPH13162/the-princess-bride-inconceivable.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/STEPH13162/00000045-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image zitiqueen:
    image brandi.diane:
    image fussbucket:

This!  And you reproduced with him 3 times at that.  Why are you with him?

• If he's like that, why did you marry him?  Not to mention reproduce with him?

I could see if it were something out of the blue, (not that that is an excuse), but he's like this all the time???

Do you feel like you have to walk on eggshells around him?  Seems to me that this is starting to reek of emotional/verbal abuse, to be honest.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/f/fr7ha85jz.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • image brandi.diane:
    image fussbucket:

First: I like this idea.  Maybe it's the snarky woman in me, but I like it.

Second: I would ask why you decided to marry him (and I still want to know...it'd be very telling.  Was this something that developed over time, or was he always like this?), but it's done.  Now you've got to figure out what the hell you're going to do about it. 

It sounds like time for a come-to-Jesus meeting about this.  That schit wouldn't fly in my house.  This dude seriously needs a whack upside both heads, especially considering that it's a pattern.  You don't want  your kids picking up his nasty habit of opinionated boorishness. 

• reach over while smiling fondly at him.

gently pat his belly or his hair...

"yes, but there are worse things aren't there?" 

• If I resently had a baby and my H dared to tell me he thought I was gluttonus he would find his d!ck shoved up his ass
    Time to put on your big girl panties

I've got your rainbows and ponies right here