Over the past six months (with the ones lower on the list both being from today) I've learned of the following solely through facebook. Had I not seen the family stuff and brought it up to my mom so she could ask around, then goodness knows when we would have found out.
1. A cousin getting a divorce.
2. Another cousin who got married about a month before DH and I getting a divorce.
3. More about my sorority sisters' reproduction/child-rearing methods than I ever cared to know.
4. My SIL (DH's sister) planned a big birthday bash for herself...to which she invited DH but not me.
5. A cousin got married (I have a lot of cousins)
6. Friends of DH and I, one of them being DH's college roommate, are now divorced. They were married a few months before DH and I.
I just find it funny that I now know so much about these people that I wouldn't have found out before...at least, not as immediately. Does anyone else experience this at an almost alarming frequency?