D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

nearest ikea to dc?

looks like college park, md but if there's anything more convenient in terms of driving, we're willing to go further. we'll probably just rent a zipcar for the day. 

TIA  

Re: nearest ikea to dc?

• There's also one in Woodbridge, VA (straight down 95 about 20 miles south of DC.)
    I love my life.
    imageimageimage
    Total workouts from 2006-2009: 33 Total workouts in 2010: 100
    Goal 2011: Work out 10+ times/month every month.
    2011 totals: 223 days, 281 workouts, 249 yoga classes
    2011 Goal Progress Breakdown (Updated 10/4)
  • I'd go to the one in College Park.

I live in Arlington & going to that one is faster & easier than the one in Woodbridge.  Plus, w/ the one in Woodbridge you have to deal with the outlet traffic.

• image kastle:

I'd go to the one in College Park.

I live in Arlington & going to that one is faster & easier than the one in Woodbridge.  Plus, w/ the one in Woodbridge you have to deal with the outlet traffic.

ooh, good to know!  

• image cheekywife:
    image kastle:

I'd go to the one in College Park.

ooh, good to know!  

Then again, I like to go to the one in Woodbridge because there are lots of home stores right around there, so if I don't find what I want at Ikea, the trip isn't worthless.  Also, the outlets in Woodbridge are pretty solid- I always get good buys at Nordstrom Rack and Off of Fifth (Sax's outlet). 

White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • The one in College Park is RIGHT off the Beltway.  It's one of their larger stores too, so they have some cool "apartments" of actual size in the showroom to demonstrate the space-saving design of a lot of their stuff.  So that's entertaining to see.
    Married since September 2012
    TTC #1 since January 2013
  • Agree that if you're going to do other shopping, Woodbridge one is good.  If you're renting a Zip car anyway, there may be other stores you want to hit while you're there.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I'd go to the College Park one.  I haven't been to the Woodbridge one but I can't imagine it's easier to drive to.  The CP one is literally off the Beltway exit - you can even see it from the Beltway.