December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How morbid

My boss is on the phone with one of our board members discussing her funeral...  she said that she wants an orchestra to play at her funeral and play a specific piece of music and could this woman please send her the mp3 so she can give it to her daughter so she'll know...

Re: How morbid

• ummm...how old is she?

• 64 and she's got a lot of life left in her yet!!!!!
  • image cjbamforth:
    64 and she's got a lot of life left in her yet!!!!!

MIL is about the same age, and she acts sometimes like shes gonna drop dead the next day.  She even makes SIL tell me MIL needs more grandchildren before she dies....um hint hint.  GAH!  I think people around that age think of death too much. 

• My 90 year old grandmother has been telling us for 20 years that she's not much longer for this world! Lol!
  • image cjbamforth:
    My 90 year old grandmother has been telling us for 20 years that she's not much longer for this world! Lol!

See?!  LOL!!!! 

• actually it may sound morbid but it helps to have everything planned before something happens to her. i know my grandparents had everything picked out right down to what they wanted to wear, obituary was wrote up, caskets were picked out i mean everything. so when they did pass we did not have to go through all that. But when my grandfather passed on the other side passed they did not have any of that picked out and it was VERY hard to have to go to the funeral home and do all that.
    Who let the dawgs out? image
  • image Bulldog_Bride:
    actually it may sound morbid but it helps to have everything planned before something happens to her. i know my grandparents had everything picked out right down to what they wanted to wear, obituary was wrote up, caskets were picked out i mean everything. so when they did pass we did not have to go through all that. But when my grandfather passed on the other side passed they did not have any of that picked out and it was VERY hard to have to go to the funeral home and do all that.
    This. Exactly!
  • I agree that it sounds a bit funny.  But I suppose if it's something that's important to her, it's not a bad idea to get it figured out.
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I kinda agree that it is morbid, especially since she is only in her 60's. As morbid as it sounds it is kinda a good idea. DH's father already has his funeral paid for, but no details. The only thing I wish DH's father would do is a will as that is really the most important thing he needs to do. DH's brother is on FIL bank accounts so I guess that is good.

Even though I don't think the family will fight over things, but it seems families get strange after someone dies.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/oab4us.jpg[/IMG]