D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mix 107.3

I just got a donation from Mix 107.3 for my silent auction for:

"Certificate for two people to attend Free for All Friday with the Jack Diamond morning show."

I have recently started listening to Mix 107.3 on the way home from work because my spinning instructor is on the air then, however I only have listened to the morning show a few times. 

Anyone have any idea what this means?  I have not been able to figure it out by looking online yet.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mix 107.3

• They do their friday morning show with an audience and have giveaways and food etc, hence the "free for all" part.  I have not listened in awhile as I am home on maternity leave but thats what I recall it being without knowing any specifics....
  • imagedoggylovr:
    They do their friday morning show with an audience and have giveaways and food etc, hence the "free for all" part.  I have not listened in awhile as I am home on maternity leave but thats what I recall it being without knowing any specifics....

That is what it kind of sounded like, but I was not sure!  Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure you have to be up and at their studio at the crack of dawn for this.  I think it is usually catered by a local place that they announce on air, and they have games and give aways for the studio audience (agree or disagree with the morning show people, for example).
    Zachary, 8.31.2007 * * * Adam, 3.24.2010<BR>

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/oobjr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2aepct2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I went once and it was fun. I did have to be up at the crack of dawn, but I won a round of "Agree or Disagree" and got movie passes or something dumb. Everyone got a gift bag for going. It was neat to have the behind the scenes look at a radio show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been to "Free for All Friday" twice over the past few years.  Yes, you have to be at the studio in NW DC at the crack of dawn, but I thought it was worth it.  It was fun - great behind the scenes looks at what goes on in a radio station, I found it interesting.  Free food and prizes, worth going atleast once for the experience. 
  • DH won one of these at a silent auction for me and I contacted them and you do have to be there at I think like 5am.  I haven't used it yet, but I suppose I should before #2 comes along or I'll never use it.  I just need to find someone to go with me because I don't think someone wants to come babysit DS for DH and I to go at that time in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10