Starting Over
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SS: Mirror Of Erised

What is the importance of the name the "mirror of erised"? And what would you see in yours?
Marshmallow

Re: SS: Mirror Of Erised

• I think it's that while you can bury your heart's desire, you can't hide from it when it's exposed for all to see.  I have no clue what mine would be actually.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Right now, I'm sure it would show me signing copies of my book while there are huge posters behind me indicating that its No. 1 on the NYT bestsellers list. That or me sitting with my mom, snuggled on the couch watching TV.

I like Rev's explanation for what it means. 

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/34pclz7.png[/IMG]
  • I have no idea what it would show me..

And I agree with what Rev said on the importance of the name. 

• I just love that erised is desire spelled backwards. And the inscription of "erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi" or I show not your face but your heart's desire. JK Rowling is a super genius to think of it!
    My mirror would be crowded and often changing but i think I would be a successful (and very rich) writer similar to bnlchic but I would also have a big ole' pregnant belly.

Marshmallow
  • The mirror or erised is the source of one of my favorite DD quotes of all time - "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."  I like the way they introduce this as an actual object of power - men have wasted away in front of it.  Kind of a statement about humanity - that our dreams and desires can be so strong that we would rather look at a reflection of them coming true than be out in the world living.

I would see me in a cozy but plenty big house with lots room, kiddos running around, and most of all my parents and all my close family living nearby and not thousands of miles away :(

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• I think Rev said it really well. It forces you to be honest with yourself about what you really want.

To be honest, I wish I could have a Mirror of Erised. Might help me make some life decisions since I can't seem to figure out what I want to do!

Books read in 2012: 49
    my bookshelf!
    Katie (gingerfeathers)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Bloggy