Starting Over
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SS: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (sp. through GoF...sorry)

So, the reason Harry says he isn't afraid to call Voldemort by his name is because he was never brought up to, right? I think the quote is something like "I didn't know I was supposed to be afraid of the name." But I think it has to be more than that. Because Hermione has only read about how awful it was, and she can't say it (which I think is a crazy interesting statement to the power of books and how important they are to her), and beyond her, there are tons of other Muggle-borns in the school/Wizarding world at large who won't say his name. I think it must have to do with Harry's general awesomeoness, lack of fear in general, respect for Dumbledore and everything he says, or connection to Voldemort.
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/34pclz7.png[/IMG]

Re: SS: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (sp. through GoF...sorry)

• Dumbledore is the only one that Harry knows who refuses to be afraid of Voldemort.  I think that rubbed off on Harry.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Harry always struck me as a little oblivious in the first book, like he couldn't believe this was all happening to him. I always thought that he just didn't get it like everyone else did. I do agree with you though, that after the first year, it was more just his general lack of fear of Voldemort that keeps him from acting like the rest of the students.

I also think it's interesting that, like you said, you don't really hear any muggle borns saying his name by accident. Not everyone is as bookish as Hermione, so you'd think you'd at least hear mention of it, or one of the teachers correcting them.

• image bnlchic03:
    So, the reason Harry says he isn't afraid to call Voldemort by his name is because he was never brought up to, right? I think the quote is something like "I didn't know I was supposed to be afraid of the name." But I think it has to be more than that. Because Hermione has only read about how awful it was, and she can't say it (which I think is a crazy interesting statement to the power of books and how important they are to her), and beyond her, there are tons of other Muggle-borns in the school/Wizarding world at large who won't say his name. I think it must have to do with Harry's general awesomeoness, lack of fear in general, respect for Dumbledore and everything he says, or connection to Voldemort.

Just can't argue with that!!!! Smile

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• I think at the very beginning it was because he truly didn't understand he should be afraid of the name and the power it had over people. But I think when Dumbledore told him to not fear the name, he took that to heart. 
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker