October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday Confessions

I confess that I forgot that I have class tomorrow.  My masters program meets every 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th Saturday of the term.... we're supposed to go car shopping tomorrow.... I confess that DH is going to kill me for forgetting! Tongue Tied

Re: Friday Confessions

• I confess that if something else happens to one of our cars this week I am gonna cry.

Monday - someone hit my (parked) car and popped the driver's side sideview mirror off and drove off - thankfully no other damage to report.  Hubby was traveling so I had to wait until late tuesday to bring it to the shop.

Wednesday - hubby gives me his car for the day and takes his rental into work so he can return it.  Gets a ride to the mechanic to pick up my now fixed car.  I take his car to my Part Time fun money job and one of my coworkers hit it while pulling into her space.  Minimal damage but just a pain to get her paint off the bumper.

Thursday - go out to my fixed vehicle to find one tire nearly flat.  Temp was 5 degrees and I was standing in the cold filling it with air. 

Needless to say, I am not a fan of cars this week!!

• Witty, that is a truly terrible and costly string of luck, and I'm sorry you're going through that.... but are you able to see any humor in it yet?  I mean, we could have a great time guessing what's going to happen next (knock on wood).  I'm betting the horn is going to go off by itself like in Little Miss Sunshine.   Icing on the cake.
  • I confess that the majority of my caloric intake this week has been from girlscout cookies. And I don't care.
  • Lol - my car's horn already goes off if I hit a pothole just right.  I just smile at all the people giving me dirty looks thinking I was honking at them!
  • I'm failing Lent.  I'm doing really well not drinking soda, but everything else went straight to H E double hockey sticks.  Wait, I lied.  I had soda the other night when we went out to dinner.  FAIL.  Well at least I haven't had meat on a Friday.

My body is not cooperating with me...it's not scary or anything, I probably just need to make a change in my diet.

I'm ready to move back home to STL, but I have a fear it won't happen for a long time.  While my husband's job is awesome, I want him to transfer back home, but I fear that won't happen for awhile. 

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/1zwn53q.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/t6umh2.jpg[/IMG]
  • I confess that I'm tired of dealing w/ these freaking customers this week.  Work is on my last nerve and my boss is on the top of my poo list.  I'm not going to have any down time this entire weekend and I'm so exhausted.  Sigh.  I feel like I want to go out to dinner w/ my husband just to get out of the house.  I'm sick of the cold weather and snow and its giving me cabin fever so bad!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I confess I'm having a hard time keeping my pregnancy quiet! Thank goodness I have you ladies.

I confess that I have decided not to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want, rather an excuse to blame the mood swings for my b!tchiness. I then plan to write a book about how not to gain too much weight when pregnant. I'm going to call it the b!tch diet.

I also confess that I am "interviewing" for an internal transfer to our library today...and I'm a little nervous. I have already been told I have the job, that this is just a formality (and the interviewer was laughing when she called me to schedule the interview), but I don't want anything to get in the way of this transfer. I don't know if I can handle being pregs in my current job.

• I confess that I'm currently excited about something as silly as new glasses.  They'll be the first 'cute' pair I've ever had.  I'm picking them up at lunch time and I'm so excited. lol.

I just hope they're right because when I google the model on my reciept it doesn't look exactly like the ones I tried on.

• image juangela:

I confess I'm having a hard time keeping my pregnancy quiet! Thank goodness I have you ladies.

I confess that I have decided not to use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want, rather an excuse to blame the mood swings for my b!tchiness. I then plan to write a book about how not to gain too much weight when pregnant. I'm going to call it the b!tch diet.

I also confess that I am "interviewing" for an internal transfer to our library today...and I'm a little nervous. I have already been told I have the job, that this is just a formality (and the interviewer was laughing when she called me to schedule the interview), but I don't want anything to get in the way of this transfer. I don't know if I can handle being pregs in my current job.

Good luck on your interview! Big Smile

• I confess that even though the Olympics are almost over, I do not want to take down my siggy pic!  Crying

I confess that I really want to quit my job because I am bored and want to pursure other things.  It's really driving me crazy....It's a great job and pays well but I want to venture out, work for myself, and get out of this closet of an office!  I feel stuck.

I also confess that if I sat down right now, I'm pretty sure I could eat a good 10 Cadberry Bunny Creme Eggs on the spot....

• I confess that I am so tired of trying to find a house.  We have looked at over 50 houses on the market over the last 4 months and have made offers on 15 of them.  We haven't had one of our offers accepted yet.  I have lowered my expectations to just being happy if we are in a new house by the end of this year.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image nicoleabrock:
    I confess that I am so tired of trying to find a house.  We have looked at over 50 houses on the market over the last 4 months and have made offers on 15 of them.  We haven't had one of our offers accepted yet.  I have lowered my expectations to just being happy if we are in a new house by the end of this year.

Is there anything for sale by owner in your area?  They're kind of hard to find here so there's way less competition. 

Or you could be really bold, walk up to a house you like and ask if they want to sell it. lol.  That actually worked for a friend of my mom's.

• image mikesboo23:

image nicoleabrock:
    I confess that I am so tired of trying to find a house.  We have looked at over 50 houses on the market over the last 4 months and have made offers on 15 of them.  We haven't had one of our offers accepted yet.  I have lowered my expectations to just being happy if we are in a new house by the end of this year.

Is there anything for sale by owner in your area?  They're kind of hard to find here so there's way less competition. 

Or you could be really bold, walk up to a house you like and ask if they want to sell it. lol.  That actually worked for a friend of my mom's.

Generally speaking the for sale by owners are waaayyyy overpriced and out of our range. 

We are in a tough price range where it is hit and miss on finding something good/upgraded or something with good bones.  Pictures from the outside of the homes are promising and then we go in and it's a hot mess!   Most of the houses we have seen in our price range are seriously scary!  Especially the REOs!

• That sucks.
    Things will work out eventually, it's just a lot of work getting there.

• image mikesboo23:

That sucks.
    Things will work out eventually, it's just a lot of work getting there.

That's right... got to keep the chin up!

• I confess I am sick of girl scout cookies already.  I am a troop leader and I have been busting my butt trying to sell more (we have sold 1/2 of what we sold last year).  I am very disappointed that our sales are so low and am worried that we will not have enough money for all of our meetings next year.....but I am tired of selling.

I also confess I am 15 pounds heavier now than I was at my wedding.  I feel like a cow.  I am so freaking busy with cookies and moving that I have no time to eat/make healthy food choices or work out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I confess that my house is a friggin state and I am to sick and to tired to do anything about it. Our kitchen looks like a tornado went through and we have two hampers full of laundry and all I want to do it take cold meds and curl up on the couch. I have tried to keep it in check but so far...it's a fail.

Photobucket