International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POLL: Olympics

1.  What's your favorites sport to watch in the Winter Olympics?

2.  ... in the Summer Olympics?

3.  Have you ever had a crush on an Olympic athlete?

4.  What (if any) are the biggest sports that your host country is excited about in this Olympics?

Re: POLL: Olympics

• 1. I like pairs figure skating the best.  Followed by men's.

2. Maybe the long jump or the high jump.  I just think they're very cool.
    EDIT - Amoro reminded me that I also loved synchronized diving!

3. Elvis Stojko is completely awesome in my book.  This poll was inspired because I was talking to a colleague at lunch who actually met him, and confirms my suspicion that he is a generally cool (and straight) guy.

4. Norway is always enthusiastic about cross-country skiing and biathlon, but they're also very excited about the curling team and their crazy pants!

• 1.  What's your favorites sport to watch in the Winter Olympics?

All of the skating, and I like watching the skiing.

Swimming, diving (I find it amazing people would do that to themselves!) and gymnastics.

Not that I can recall

4.  What (if any) are the biggest sports that your host country is excited about in this Olympics?

Hm, I think the Italians are all about the skiing, but I don't know for sure.  

• 1.  What's your favorites sport to watch in the Winter Olympics? hockey and downhill skiing

2.  ... in the Summer Olympics? gymnastics and track and field events

3.  Have you ever had a crush on an Olympic athlete? for this first time this year! Norwegian skiier Aksel Lund Svindal! YUM!

4.  What (if any) are the biggest sports that your host country is excited about in this Olympics? in Norway I have learned more about cross country skiing and biathalon than I ever needed to know.

• I don't really watch the Olympics, but all I've heard about is the Norwegian curling pants.

If my team (Canadians) are playing, I love to watch hockey and curling.  Otherwise, the freestyle skiing events are all so much fun.

Gymnastics! 

Hmmm, maybe now that you remind me, I did have a wee crush on Elvis Stojko. 

Great Britain usually has good curlers, but they were all knocked out of medal contention.  They did have someone win gold in the womens Skeleton, which was a first, I think.

Ice Skating

Gymnastics

Ross Rebagliati, the snowboarder who got his medal taken away in 1998 and then given back b/c he tested positive for weed.

Curling (whoops) and I'd guess skeleton since the UK won gold in the women's.

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish

I don't think I have 1 favorite, but I really liked watching the moguls this year, I love the cool jumps! Also, anything where they race together, like this new ski cross thing, I'm liking that.

Swimming!

Ditto Lane that Aksel Lund Svindal = YUM!

I'm gonna have to ditto Lane again here, they are obsessed with cross-country skiing and biathlon here, as well as hockey.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7zuax.jpg[/IMG]

</br>TTC #1 since Sept 2011 </br> BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    </br> BFP#2 2/27/13. Please be our rainbow!
    </br>
    </br>
    <a href="http://www.adventuresaboundabroad.blogspot.com">Blog</a>
  • 1.  What's your favorites sport to watch in the Winter Olympics? Ice Hockey!  I'll watch any ice hockey that they show here. 

2.  ... in the Summer Olympics?  I like the diving, and I don't remember what else lol.

3.  Have you ever had a crush on an Olympic athlete? Not that I know of.

4.  What (if any) are the biggest sports that your host country is excited about in this Olympics? I'm not sure.  I do know that the girl that won gold just recently, I think it was aeriel skiing or something, is from about 10 minutes from where I live.  I thought that was cool. 
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/t/tni0u2adc.png[/IMG][/URL]