October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moody Mondays

Let's go...
Matt loves Munkii!!!

Re: Moody Mondays

• I'm angry because I ate some potato salad a little while ago that turned out to have pork in it.  After a couple of bites I was like, "this is terrible, what's in this?"  As soon as I saw the ham, I tossed it but I couldn't do anything about what was already injested.  Now my stomach and intestines are cramping like I'm going to die!  (For those of you who don't know, I'm a vegetarian.)

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • I'm bummed because Hubby totally dropped the ball on Valentine's Day - didn't even say "I love you".  I'm even more bummed that I'm bummed about it because it is just a silly day and of course I know that he loves me.

• Story below but the main point its I'm angry because the mattress and boxspring I paid for 2 weeks ago is STILL not here.  Angry

Went to Grand to buy a new mattress and boxspring.  Told them I wanted to take it home that day if they had any there.  They said alright lets get you checked out.  After paying they said they did not have any in the area and would have to order one from another warehouse in Northern VA and it would be at my house by that Tuesday.  A little dissappointed but I said ok, it's only a week. 

Monday night there was a message on the machine saying they had cancelled my delivery because it MIGHT snow the next day and they had rescheduled me for the following tuesday (ps it didn't snow till late tuesday night).  More angry, I called and told them there would be nobody home the next tuesday and to have it delivered to the Grand store here for me to pick up.  The woman I talked to said it was no problem and she had changed it.  I planned to pick it up this past saturday.

Friday night there was a message on my machine "calling to verify your delivery on Tuesday to your home."  Totally ticked, I called and talked to my salesperson who said nobody had even mentioned my previous call and now it would probably be tuesday before it would make it to the grand store anyway. 

If it's not there tomorrow I'm going to tell them to give my money back and I'll buy it somewhere else.

• Okay, here's my beef (sorry for the meat reference Munkii. It really isn't funny what happened to you  Ick! )

My best friend is driving me nuts.  I love her, we've been friends since junior high but she's driving me crazy.  She's being super self-centered lately and full of self pity because of her current situation.  Which, by the way, is really not bad but for some reason she's feeling sorry for herself.  I just want to shake her and tell her to get over herself, she is super lucky and things could be WAY worse than she's pretending they are.  I just want to tell her to stop being so damn needy and pathetic.  I've been avoiding her phone calls for the past few days cause I just don't want to hear it.

Okay, I'm done. That feels SO much better.

• So these Masters classes I'm taking are polar opposites.  I have the Research Methodologies class, which is exhaustively work intensive, but interestingly enough, I'm not in a thesis program.  I'm in an internship program.  So we're designing a research project we're never going to actually have to do.

The other class... well... geez.  The online portion of the course wasn't up as scheduled, and the professor walks into our face-to-face meeting and says, "what do you want to learn this term?"  I hate this methodology.  TEACH ME! What do I need to know?  What should I have knowledge of when I graduate?  You tell me.  Professor then disappeared for the next two weeks to deal with family issues, and no one knew where she was.  She joined in our face to face class via teleconference.  And still isn't active on the discussion board. 

I swear to God if I fail this class because of lack of guidance, I going to be really, really pissed. 

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry:

• imagemikesboo23:
    there tomorrow I'm going to tell them to give my money back and I'll buy it somewhere else.

Definitely, and 100% back--if they try to charge you a re-stocking fee, make a scene.  I'm not one for making a scene, but this would be justified.

Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • imagemunkii:

imagemikesboo23:
    there tomorrow I'm going to tell them to give my money back and I'll buy it somewhere else.

Definitely, and 100% back--if they try to charge you a re-stocking fee, make a scene.  I'm not one for making a scene, but this would be justified.

Oh if it's not there tomorrow that means it hasn't even left the warehouse so there's no way I'd let them get away with a restocking fee.

• imagemikesboo23:
    imagemunkii:

imagemikesboo23:

Oh if it's not there tomorrow that means it hasn't even left the warehouse so there's no way I'd let them get away with a restocking fee.

I'm a huge promoter of writing letters to the manager/owner in cases like these (and in others like if I get exceptional service somewhere I tend to want to recognize that as well).  Call me crazy if you want to bit I think that by writing your situation down it is not only cathartic for you, but it also lets the management know you're serious.  Nobody takes the time these days to write a letter so getting one ususally conveys that you totally mean business.  Quite honestly, whenever I've written a complaint to management about a situation, it has been resolved better than I would have anticipated.  They don't want to lose a customer and if they can make it right somehow, they will.

• My complaint of the day, DH and I are both off today so of course we slept in.  Well at 10AM our doorbell starts ringing like crazy and of course our dog is going nuts.....then they start to bang on our door AND ring the doorbell.....WTF?!?!?!?  Stupid kids wanting to shovel our driveway!!!  Okay it's snowed for the last 20 days and you choose today to ask???? WTF!!!!  AND you don't bang on peoples door like that!!!!  Get out of my yard!!!!
  • We got yet another snow storm today.  It started right before the heart of rush hour this morning and has been going non-stop since.  We are supposed to end up with about 9" by night time rush hour tonight.  I realize it isn't as much as other areas of the world have gotten, but it ticks me off that my boss let the only other office person go home and didn't even offer me to go!  WTF?!  I bust my rear end here and yet I'm the one stuck staying all freaking day.  I hate my boss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I slammed my finger in a freezer in the lab and now it's black and blue :(

I have been trying to get something to work for 6 weeks now, and haven't had any luck, I passed it on to one of my colleagues and they got it to work the first time. Figures.

And I have my monthly meeting with my boss next week, and I haven't gotten much accomplished. Not because I haven't been busting my butt, but because things aren't working. I'm gonna get an earful, and I don't feel like it. 

• Stupid snow.  I was really hoping the snow would come in late enough tonight so they'd call school off tomorrow.  Instead, I woke up to snow this morning and was stuck in the house all day on the only day I've really had to do errands since last week.  Last night we closed the Indy World of Wheels and I was really looking forward to Olive Garden and Barnes & Noble today in celebration of Valentine's Day.  Stupid, stupid snow.

Tomorrow has to be better!

• AF is here, so no baby this cycle. 'Nuff said. Sad
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!