International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

~Bumps, Mothers and Others~

I think I've added the new bumps, mothers, and others, but do let me know if I've missed something. Thanks!

~BUMPS~
Sarahkelly (Netherlands) ? Due 21st July 2008
Alcyone (Denmark) ? Due 3rd September 2008
Craftyrachel (France) ? Due 17th September 2008
Janie_carcello ? Due 29th September 2008
Jillana (UK) ? Due 26th October 2008
Beannie (UK) ? Due February 2008
Bahamasbride.04.07 (Germany) ? Due March 2009

~BUMPS TO BE~
Ukyankee (UK) ? TTC#1
ExpatFamily06 (UK) ? TTC#1
Choensa (US) ? TTC #1
Alwyzbsy (Germany) ? TTC #1

~MOTHERS~
Welshgirl (UK) ? Boy, William born 27 June 2008
Xabbyx (UK) ? Boy, Milo born 13 April 2008
UKmargie (UK) ? Girl, Madeleine Anne born 17th February 2008
Bugmommy (Australia)  - Two boys, Bug born 13 May 2006, Bugbaby born 19 February 2008
Cee-jay ? Lina born 12 March 2008
Clintsbabe (Germany) ? Two girls, C born Nov 2005, V born March 2008
Andrea922 (UK) ? Finlay born 10th February 2008
Lyvienna (Vienna) ? Owen born 23rd January 2008
BlushingRose (UK) ? James Edward born 20th December 2007
Hamilton (UK) ? Boy born November 2007
Newporter (Ireland) ? Girl born 5th July 2007
Bigfatgreekwedd (Netherlands) ? Una born 2nd July 2007
StephanieVM (France) ? Scootie born 27th April 2007
Solete ? Maia Gabriela born 5 February 2007, Thomas Ethan born 13 March 2008

~OTHERS~
Dani_Galdi_2b (Italy)
Vivjek (Netherlands)
Bahamasbride.04.07 (Germany)
Lelia (Germany)
LoopyNoodle (Ireland)

~QUESTIONS OF THE WEEK~
1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News?

2. What are your thoughts on cord blood banking? Is it available in your country? Is it an investment you have our would consider?

Re: ~Bumps, Mothers and Others~

• 1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News?
    I have started swimming and it feels great! My body feels like its old self again (until I try to pull myself out of the pool) and I've gone twice this week.

2. What are your thoughts on cord blood banking? Is it available in your country? Is it an investment you have our would consider?
    I think it is a valuable investment, but am not sure yet if we'll do it. It is available here, through several private banks, but it's an initial $2k and then a yearly storage fee. In general, stem cells are helping so many medical problems : DH, for example, is having major tooth surgery which involves stem cells building up some bone in his mouth. I think that even if we don't bank it for ourselves, we could look into donating it.
  • 1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News?
    Feeling good, Una's sleep is getting better so we are all in a lot better mood.

We talked about this at our childbirth class, I am almost sure the instructor said it wasn't available in NL but I might be wrong...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. I'm pretty stressed out this week...Things are really starting to move re: our relocation, so lots to arrange, do and think of. Actually glad I'm not pregnant at the moment. The exciting baby-related news is that we filled in 'pregnancy' on the intended medical costs section of our visa application yesterday :-)

2. I actually don't know how it works in either NL or AU. I would consider donating (DH agrees), but not sure if I would do it against a steep fee. Also, since we intend to move around a lot, it might not be the best option for us to have it banked.

• 1.  I'm a bit off this week.  DH has had such a stressful week and it was one where we wanted to 'get it on' a lot but it hasn't happened for a variety of reasons.  I'm sad as it seems as if I may never have a chance to have a kid.  On the positive side, DH is making an apt to get his swimmers checked in the next week or so, so we'll finally have all the testing done on both of us (I'm in the clear).

2.  Not sure...haven't thought about it.

• 1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News?  Some days are better than others.  I seem to be having less nausea, but more intestinal issues.  TMI, I better leave it at that.  :)

2. What are your thoughts on cord blood banking? Is it available in your country? Is it an investment you have our would consider?  Yes, it is available in the UK and I plan on reading up more about it.  DH and I have talked about it and though we need to learn more before making a final decision, our initial instinct is that we want to do it.  Yes, it's an investment, but we're trying to think of it as an investment in the potential future health of our child. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News? We're all doing pretty well.  The heat has made Milo more irritable than normal which makes for long days.  But he is sleeping at night like a champ!

2. What are your thoughts on cord blood banking? Is it available in your country? Is it an investment you have our would consider? I'm not sure if it's available in the UK.  I actually didn't read up on it at all, but I would have been up for donating it.
  • 1. How are you this week? Ups and downs to report? News? *** Doing pretty good. Sleep is getting hard, but otherwise I think I'm about as good as I could be. On another board, I'm in a due date club for women due in September. Four women have already given birth. I know they are all pre-term, but it just reminds me how close I am. I mean, she's totally viable right now. O_O And my GP estimated her weight to be what DH's was at birth. OK, granted he was a twin so he was a bit small, but still. O_O 2. What are your thoughts on cord blood banking? Is it available in your country? Is it an investment you have our would consider? *** I don't know if it's available here, but she'll be getting all her cord blood right away so it doesn't matter.