International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Lahti FInland?

In a week we go to Lahti for 8 days, I am playing for team austria in the european lacrosse championship, go team!  I won't have a lot of time to sightsee, but any exprience with this area?  DH and baby Owen are coming too, so they might have more time to sneak away... TIA!

Re: Lahti FInland?

• hi! i'm not sure if we have ever 'met' before, so i'll reintroduce myself...  i'm an american living with my finnish dh in texas. we lived in finland for 2 years before moving back to the states (here just over a year now). i'm excited i actually popped in and saw your post even though i don't have a whole lot of information to offer. 

anyway, i have been to lahti, and my dh knows a lot about the area.  frankly there isn't a whole lot to do there besides absorbing the nature- there is a big lake there and i think you can take a cruise on it..and my dh says there are some ski jumps  but that's not interesting in the summer, i assume (or should i say fall... summer is practically over there).  nearby (an hour away?) there is a city called hameenlinna and there is a castle (one of the few castles in finland).  helsinki is an hour and half or so away. it doesn't sound like you havea lot of time so i don't know if you'll have time to hit those up.  if you have a full day or so you could easily go to helsinki on a train and explore the downtown.   if you think you have time for that i can give you some pointers.  
    for something more specific to lahti, my dh found this link: http://www.lahtitravel.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1804&VID=default&SID=670022080165836&S=1&C=24300
    page me if you have more questions!  i'l ltry to remember to check the board more frequently. hope this helps!
  • Thanks a lot!  It kinda seemed that Lahti is not a real hot spot in the summer, but hopefully we have a LITTLE time to go around somewhere!  Thanks again for the info, maybe the castle would be a possibilty on an off day!