Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Rec your HRM watch for underwater/swimming?

Hi all,

Do any of you swim with a HRM/calorie counter watch?  I have one that works fine for working out although I hate it (Nike Imara) and I use my Garmin when I run outdoors, but I need one that will work in a pool/in the water.  I took my Nike Imara in the pool and although it says it's waterproof to 50M, it got a little warped.

Which one do you have/recommend?  Do the ones without chest straps really give you an accurate reading, you think?

TIA!

Re: Rec your HRM watch for underwater/swimming?

• I use my polar f6 for aqua aerobics, water running and aquatic bootcamp classes.  i have no reason to believe it isnt accurate.  another lady at my gym had a speedo one that she said jumps around quite a bit..making her believe it sucks.  she now uses a polar f11 and has no complaints. unfortunately i have nothing else to compare it to personally. 
  • Good to know, thanks!  I was looking into the Polar (F6 and F11)
  • I swim 2-3 days a week and use my Polar F6, it's never given me any trouble.