Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dr. visit is tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm supposed to start W5 of C25K training and instead I am going to the Dr to figure out what's going on with my knee(s).  I had to cheat on my second run of W4 and completely skipped my third run.  I'm hoping to get some good news tomorrow, I don't want to sit out for much longer.

I'm planning on running the LA Marathon 5k run on March 20th.  If I am allowed to continue running as of tomorrow and I do W4 over again, that will give me a one week break before the race.  I'm hoping to not be sidelined for another week or two, that would put me pretty far back in my training.

I need some healing vibes sent my way please.

Re: Dr. visit is tomorrow

• DH is a pharmacy student and he says to tell you that more than likely the doc will give you an order to take some ibuprofen and rest a little while.  If  you have started running after being "innactive" for a period of time then you are probably suffering from inflamation- no biggie! 

I'm also working out after being innactive for a while and I now have some inflamation in my chest from a pulled muscle.  When you do too much, too fast, your body slows you down!  I was doing the 30 day shred and the strength part kicked my ars! So I am taking a week off and when I go back to it I will do the shred every other day and then run on days in between.  I am determined to lose my newlywed nine! Good luck!!

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good luck at the doctor! I hope your knees will start feeling better soon!

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29