Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

stupid frozen banana question

For those of you who use frozen bananas in your smoothies, do you tend to peel them before freezing?  Just curious as I have a friend who I know freezes hers without peeling them first, but then how do you get the frozen peel off?  I know this is likely a stupd question, thanks for humoring me!

Re: stupid frozen banana question

• Peel before freezing. They are also good frozen on a Popsicle stick.
  • I've heard you can do either, but I always take the peel off and cut them up to blend easier in smoothies!
  • I prefer to freeze peeled. I just cram them into a tupperware container.

Freezing in the peel is a PITA.

• Freezing in the peel is easiest for sure, but sometimes I get lazy and toss them in the freezer skin-on. If that's the kind I need to use in my smoothies, I let one sit out on the counter while I get ready in the morning, or nuke it for a couple seconds, then cut the tip off and kind of squirt it (think toothpaste tube) into the blender. Doing it this way may require the use of more ice to get the consistency you like.

• I freeze bananas with the skin on.  Less mess, IMO.

When I want to use one in a smoothie or batter, I either put it out on the counter a little ahead of time, or I toss it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  Then I cut the peel open, and the banana slides right out into the bowl or blender.