Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

which color of kitchenaid?

i think i'm going shopping this weekend, which color would you get?

My counters are black/white/grey spotted.

my dining room is choclate brown/apple green

my living room is chocolate brown/ice blue

i was thinking of putting some green or blue paint in the kitchen, in this inlet where the lights are.

Re: which color of kitchenaid?

• Orange.  I wish I had an orange one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd go with the bright green one if I were you!  Fun and festive!

I have Empire Red :)

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was thinking empire red.

or maybe tangerine.

i don't know, the choices are too overwhelming.

My only fear of a 'color' is in 10 years the mixer will be going strong, but i'll have an 'avocado green' appliance.

• I would go with the Empire Red. I have that one and lurve it.
  • image laurainMI:

I was thinking empire red.

or maybe tangerine.

i don't know, the choices are too overwhelming.

My only fear of a 'color' is in 10 years the mixer will be going strong, but i'll have an 'avocado green' appliance.

That was my thought exactly.  My mom still has avocado green mixer and mixing bowls and what not from the 70's....that stuff lasts a long time.

Red seems like a pretty timeless color.  I just got plain, old, boring white for the sake of not having my mixer look soooo 2007 (or 2010 in your case) in 15 years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a silver because I know they last forever! I was worried about getting something that matched my kitchen now but maybe not in the future.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • I think if you go for a "pop of color" one, something that is so NOT going to be the color of your kitchen- ever, then it would be a great centerpiece.  That's basically why they've come out with all the colors- so that you have a talking piece in your kitchen.  So, if you know that your kitchen is never going to be tangerine, but you tend to like earthtones, orange could be a nice compliment.

You could also go for the pink, breast cancer awareness one.

• I just went through this same process!  I really liked the pistachio green, but I hope my mixer will outlast my current kitchen and I don't want to have to match my future kitchen with my mixer.  So I got black, and I like it.  It's doesn't make a statement (which is okay), but it blends nicely into the background instead.
  • image AmoroAgain:

That's basically why they've come out with all the colors- so that you have a talking piece in your kitchen. 

People use mixers as conversation starters? Or as decoration?? Whaaaaa??

/this is why I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible

• image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

That's basically why they've come out with all the colors- so that you have a talking piece in your kitchen. 

I thought it was so you could decorate in cool colors.

• I ended up with empire red.  I was tossing between that and black.  I decided that red was a signature kitchenaid color, so it's not like i was trying to do my kitchen in red.  that and it'll make me happy when i use it.
  • image laurainMI:
    I ended up with empire red.  I was tossing between that and black.  I decided that red was a signature kitchenaid color, so it's not like i was trying to do my kitchen in red.  that and it'll make me happy when i use it.

Yes 

• I have a caviar one.  It's a sparkly black, basically.
  • image laurainMI:
    image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

I thought it was so you could decorate in cool colors.

Ah, well, what do I know?  I only used to work for the company and was privy to the research.  *shrug*

• image AmoroAgain:

Ah, well, what do I know?  I only used to work for the company and was privy to the research.  *shrug*

Mmhmm.

As I don't own one of these contraptions, nor do I cook or bake, my question was genuine.

• Laura, I'd say you made a great choice.

So, the original question was answered.

Chymes, it's an appliance that's likely to stay on ones kitchen counter, so you'd probably want something that would match or highlight what you've got.  But I'm as likely to walk into someones kitchen and discuss the ice making capabilities on someones freezer as I am the color of their mixer.

I don't own one  - I managed a considerable amount of holiday baking w/ my two hands and the occasional whisk - so... grain of salt, I guess.

Editing to add: er... I am not very likely to discuss ice making capabilities.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

Mmhmm.

As I don't own one of these contraptions, nor do I cook or bake, my question was genuine.

I think she was responding to Laura about decorating in cool colors.

I have one in black. I like black in just about every thing that exists on this earth, so it didn't make sense to divert in this case either :)

Laura, congrats on your new mixer! You will LOVE it!

• image *blondiem*:
    image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

Mmhmm.

No. It was very clear she was talking to Chymes. She quoted her.

• image MissyNa:
    image *blondiem*:
    image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

Mmhmm.

:shrug:

It's not clear to me. The last "quote" that she quoted was Laura's talking about decorating in cool colors.

• image *blondiem*:
    image MissyNa:
    image *blondiem*:
    image Chymes:
    image AmoroAgain:

Mmhmm.

:shrug:

It's not clear to me. The last "quote" that she quoted was Laura's talking about decorating in cool colors.

I wasn't sure which way to go with it.  It seemed a little pretentious either way.

I do believe Chymes questions was geniune.  There are very few appliances that I personally would call a conversation piece.  I think it would be more along the lines of a popcorn cart popper. 

• I took it as she was referring to Chymes since she's the one that asked the question. Either way someone got their "panties in a bunch" over a simple question.