Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Friday morning

13»

Re: Good Friday morning

• This afternoon is going to stink
  • image MrsKerCo:
    I'm sorry, but "after we went through (and didn't die)" made me crack up out loud at my desk..  That just struck me as really funny. 

It is funny (now)!  We were three 14/15 year old girls and we were certain that we were going to die on that log ride.  Remind me to tell you the whole story sometime.  Big Smile

I'll remember to skip Santa Cruz next time around.  Thanks for the tip.

• image adreajoy713:

image MissyNa:
    I want a do over on the day....or maybe just move on to Saturday.

I second the motion to move on to Saturday.

All in favor?

Objections?

Abstentions?

The motion passes.

I'm recruiting you to run meetings at my office.  You get sh!t done. 

• image MrsKerCo:
    image gvsubride05:
    image MrsKerCo:
    image Desmond&MollyJones*:

I can't believe it took them 5 hours to admit you when you knew your water broke!  I was admitted in a little over an hour.

Um, WHAT?  Why would it take so freaking long?  Maybe I shouldn't hear the story since I'm going to deliver at the same hospital as MB.

I think my levels were like 1/2 of what they were a few weeks earlier. "See, so there!!! They did break is what I wanted to yell out"  

Ahhh, I see.  Geez that's a long time to be sitting there waiting.

Triage is the weirdest place.  All anxiety and nerves.  GVSU, were you hooked up to monitors the whole time?

Also, tee-hee to "activity."

KerCo, you're in good hands at that hospital.  They'll take good care of you.

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • I was hooked up but could walk around. However they had just cleaned the carpets so they were soaked and my feet got soaked. So I didn't walk around that much. I probably really should have walked around more than I did.

Kerco - I had an AMAZING experience at that hospital. Both time the nurses were so nice and took wonderful care of us. I think it helped that I was pretty low-key about everything and thanking them throughout everything, they liked hanging out in my room. Angel

With Amelia, they were really slow, so the nurses were bored, so they kept checking on me.  

• image GRsweetpea:

Also, tee-hee to "activity."

KerCo, you're in good hands at that hospital.  They'll take good care of you.

I know.  I was laughing about that too.  So I guess it really does work in getting things going with labor, huh?  LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Kasa:
    image adreajoy713:

image MissyNa:
    I want a do over on the day....or maybe just move on to Saturday.

I second the motion to move on to Saturday.

All in favor?

Objections?

Abstentions?

The motion passes.

I'm recruiting you to run meetings at my office.  You get sh!t done. 

No kidding! LOL!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • I love my hubby! I was pouting about not being able to get the dinning room set (he's home early from work). He looked at me and said "Honey, I'm getting you a new dinning room set....soon! Don't worry about it." After bugging him about needing to spend money on more important things he reminded me he's almost done with a project car for his friend!! He plans on using that money to get us a new dinning room set!!! Love that man!
  • image MissyNa:
    I love my hubby! I was pouting about not being able to get the dinning room set (he's home early from work). He looked at me and said "Honey, I'm getting you a new dinning room set....soon! Don't worry about it." After bugging him about needing to spend money on more important things he reminded me he's almost done with a project car for his friend!! He plans on using that money to get us a new dinning room set!!! Love that man!

I need a new tie-rod for my car, maybe I can contribute towards a few chairs.

• image gvsubride05:

image MissyNa:
    I love my hubby! I was pouting about not being able to get the dinning room set (he's home early from work). He looked at me and said "Honey, I'm getting you a new dinning room set....soon! Don't worry about it." After bugging him about needing to spend money on more important things he reminded me he's almost done with a project car for his friend!! He plans on using that money to get us a new dinning room set!!! Love that man!

I need a new tie-rod for my car, maybe I can contribute towards a few chairs.

Well that would be very generous of you! ;o)
  • WOO WHOO. My new purse came today. I went and picked up my new mattress today and my new tranny for my car should be here in the next week. 

Sorry for the bragging but I've been waiting so long for the new bed and my car has been done for 8 months.  

• image Deeder522:

WOO WHOO. My new purse came today. I went and picked up my new mattress today and my new tranny for my car should be here in the next week. 

Sorry for the bragging but I've been waiting so long for the new bed and my car has been done for 8 months.  

Sounds like a good day!

• image Deeder522:

WOO WHOO. My new purse came today. I went and picked up my new mattress today and my new tranny for my car should be here in the next week. 

Hooray! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker