Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thirsty Thursday Randoms

Re: Thirsty Thursday Randoms

• image Moosesoar:

I've been packing boxes to ship and bagging stuff up for the charity shops.  Also, have a woman coming around to view our flat and later a guy looking to buy our guitars. Other than that, nothing too exciting today.

Moving overseas sounds like such a headache.  Good luck with everything!

• image Kasa:

Allegiant flies from GR to Vegas, I know.

Yes, that's the one.  Thx.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We go to Florida a lot, so I'm not going to complain about the added competition.  Smile
  • I think Baltimore is a major hub.  Airtran is probably listing nonstop flights from GRR.  
  • We listen to the Nick Jr. music station during the day. They play Clay Aiken's song "Invisible" all the time. It's a freaky, stalker song! LOL!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • Because I'm such an AW lately...

I spent one of my vouchers already.  Guess who's going to Miami in April?!

Big Smile

• image Kasa:
    image Moosesoar:

I've been packing boxes to ship and bagging stuff up for the charity shops.  Also, have a woman coming around to view our flat and later a guy looking to buy our guitars. Other than that, nothing too exciting today.

It is! lol

Luckily, we rent a fully furnished apartment so we don't have to worry about shipping over anything large.  :)

photo siggie11wks_zpsae14d95f.png Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ipad: multi media tool: movies, web, email, e-books, music. It's like the itouch on steroids. It runs on the iphone OS so it is application based not software. Not having a camera isn't that big of a deal to me it just means no video chat. It has WiFi and can also run off 3G. For DH & I we are think about what you can do with it. It may fit my needs though. I'm only using the mac mini or mac pro when I have to access certain programs. I love my touch and since it died, I've realized how much I used it. I'll be interested to see what apps come out for it.

meanwhile I just made a pound of bacon, BLT anyone? 

• image adreajoy713:

b) Baltimore?  are there really that many people who are going to Baltimore?

hmmm..a baseball trip to Baltimore and DC might be in order.

• image Deeder522:

Mmmm... bacon. 

I was deprived of real bacon growing up.  My mom only bought turkey bacon which just isn't the same. 

• A BLT sounds sooooo good!
  • image Suze04:

Because I'm such an AW lately...

Big Smile

Yes  Very cool!

• So you might be on to something with the Baltimore hub....from Baltimore you can get to lots of cities.  The "exciting" ones are Aruba($169) and Cancun($99)! You can also get to every city in Florida.  Also, it looks like they have wi-fi on board!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Suze04:

Because I'm such an AW lately...

Big Smile

Sweet!

• image Kasa:
    image Deeder522:

Mmmm... bacon. 

I was deprived of real bacon growing up.  My mom only bought turkey bacon which just isn't the same. 

I <3 bacon.  I was also deprived as a child.  We didn't eat pork for religious reasons.  I'm making up for it now.

• image MissyNa:
    A BLT sounds sooooo good!

yeah, I was. I have a friend that LOVES bacon. I swear her eyes dilate if you saw the word. She has even been know to carry cooked bacon in her purse as a snack. 

• image Deeder522:

image MissyNa:
    A BLT sounds sooooo good!

yeah, I was. I have a friend that LOVES bacon. I swear her eyes dilate if you saw the word. She has even been know to carry cooked bacon in her purse as a snack. 

LOL! I love bacon but not enough to carry it around. I would be afraid I would smell like grease.....or attract stray dogs. LOL!

When I was pregnant I kept snack sized packs of jerky in my purse. Ben always laughed at me when I would start snacking in the middle of doing something. LOL!

• Vent:

I texted the H yesterday while he was at work asking him to pick up diapers on his way home.  I gave him extremely specific no fail instructions.  I told him the brand and the size.

He gets home empty handed.  Tells me he didn't see the text.

:::eyeroll:::  I *know* he did, my phone tells me when he checks his message.

He was only home for a minute because it was his bowling league night.  I told him as nicely as I could that I was annoyed with him, and that we still needed diapers.

So he leaves for bowling and texts me a few minutes later letting me know he got diapers.

Gets home late last night, and hands me a package of diapers.  It is neither the brand that I asked for or the correct size.

So I am clearly annoyed with him, and he has the nerve to get mad at me  Sorry dude, but I'm not the one that messed up.  We have tons and tons and tons of size 1 diapers.  We needed newborn.  And what the hell is Top Care brand?  I have never heard of that before. 

I told him that if any blow outs occur while T is wearing this off brand, too big diaper, that he is the one cleaning it up.  Devil

But really though, I couldn't have made it easier for him.  I told him the brand (I gave him 2 choices even) and told him to look for the NB on the package.  I never thought buying diapers could be this difficult for a man.

• I really don't like the AT&T commercial where the guy spills the sauce on the table. Really who grabs a serving dish by the spoon?
  • image Moosesoar:
    image Kasa:
    image Moosesoar:

It is! lol

Luckily, we rent a fully furnished apartment so we don't have to worry about shipping over anything large.  :)

That's good!  I may have missed this.  Are you coming back home b/c of jobs, or you're tired of living overseas, etc.?

• image Desmond&MollyJones*:

Vent:

I'd say that's a justifable vent.  I'll go ahead and join you in the Grrrrr! department. That would be quite annoying.

• image Kasa:
    image Deeder522:

Mmmm... bacon. 

See, and I also grew up on turkey bacon and now that is the only stuff I'll eat. The "real" bacon just isn't the same.

• image Desmond&MollyJones*:

Vent:

I texted the H yesterday while he was at work asking him to pick up diapers on his way home.  I gave him extremely specific no fail instructions.  I told him the brand and the size.

He gets home empty handed.  Tells me he didn't see the text.

:::eyeroll:::  I *know* he did, my phone tells me when he checks his message.

He was only home for a minute because it was his bowling league night.  I told him as nicely as I could that I was annoyed with him, and that we still needed diapers.

So he leaves for bowling and texts me a few minutes later letting me know he got diapers.

Gets home late last night, and hands me a package of diapers.  It is neither the brand that I asked for or the correct size.

So I am clearly annoyed with him, and he has the nerve to get mad at me  Sorry dude, but I'm not the one that messed up.  We have tons and tons and tons of size 1 diapers.  We needed newborn.  And what the hell is Top Care brand?  I have never heard of that before. 

I told him that if any blow outs occur while T is wearing this off brand, too big diaper, that he is the one cleaning it up.  Devil

But really though, I couldn't have made it easier for him.  I told him the brand (I gave him 2 choices even) and told him to look for the NB on the package.  I never thought buying diapers could be this difficult for a man.

Ummm...yeah. The Top Choice diapers are not that great. Someone gave us a pack. After using 1 of them I refused to use them anymore. LOL! As for the size 1 diapers he should be able to wear them. Just fold the tops down. As for your hubby's lack of diaper concern.....well you'll just have to beat his a$$. LOL! ;o)
  • image Chymes:
    image Kasa:
    image Deeder522:

Mmmm... bacon. 

See, and I also grew up on turkey bacon and now that is the only stuff I'll eat. The "real" bacon just isn't the same.

I remember sizzlean bacon by Hormel as a kid. It was made from beef not turkey. My dad used to make those for BLT's and put them in my lunch box.

• image MrsKerCo:

That's good!  I may have missed this.  Are you coming back home b/c of jobs, or you're tired of living overseas, etc.?

I'm homesick. lol

Also, my DH wants a change and snow in the winter (instead of freezing rain) and hot summers (instead of rain in about 65?F)! Stick out tongue

photo siggie11wks_zpsae14d95f.png Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image MissyNa:
    Ummm...yeah. The Top Choice diapers are not that great. Someone gave us a pack. After using 1 of them I refused to use them anymore. LOL! As for the size 1 diapers he should be able to wear them. Just fold the tops down. As for your hubby's lack of diaper concern.....well you'll just have to beat his a$$. LOL! ;o)

I'm using our other size 1's...I'm not touching the Top Care ones.  Devil  Ugh.

I think I'm just growing more and more resentful as the days pass at the H, therefore nitpicking everything he does (or doesn't do.)  I haven't spent an ounce of quality time with him in over 4 days.  (Haha that sounds so dumb written out...but I am just feeling lonely.)   And I'm becoming slightly overwhelmed in taking care of our newborn by myself.  H has changed 1 or 2 diapers in the last week or so.  I do everything else.  And I'm feeling so tied down.  Ugh.

I just wish the H could feed him!  That would be SO HELPFUL.  

• HEY LADIES!!!!!!! Big Smile Just trying to get caught up on randoms, I've missed you all so much, not having a computer is killing me. Hopefully my battery will be in the mail today when it gets here.

D&M- Hopefully your husband will shape up, picking up diapers shouldn't be a big inconvenience.

Suze- A voucher? I'm guessing for a free plane ticket. Miami will be a lovely escape.

JuliD- Have a fun trip!

GVSU- Glad your heat is getting fixed, it's sunny but freezing today!

As for the iPad, I totally am laughing immaturely at the name, have been since yesterday. DH said he heard rumors it was supposed to be called the Canvas or something, and he wishes they'd gone that route.

Alright, I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but just wanted to pop in and say hi, and hopefully I'll be back on soon! 

• HI LST!!! :o)  Glad you popped on! I hope your battery shows up soon!!
  • Hi LST!  We took a bump on our way home from New Orleans and got a few hundred each in Southwest LUV vouchers :).  So we used part of that to take a trip to Miami in April.

D&M, I hope you feel better soon.  I'm sure caring for a newborn is a ton of work, in addition to being a major life adjustment. 

• image MrsKerCo:
    image Desmond&MollyJones*:

Vent:

I'd say that's a justifable vent.  I'll go ahead and join you in the Grrrrr! department. That would be quite annoying.

I'd be frustrated to.  I sent DH my grocery list for the week.  Some of the items did not have numbers in front of them and were not pluralized.  So he was VERY confused eabout how many of the items to get. 

BabyFruit Ticker