Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thirsty Thursday Randoms

Re: Thirsty Thursday Randoms

• Morning!

I have to go to a luncheon today and I forgot about it until I got to work.  Ugh.  I don't want to go.  I dislike that sort of thing.  Plus, I brought a delicious lunch today that I was looking forward to and now I won't be able to eat it.

• I was going through some invoices at work and noticed 2 from the same vendor that had "Pasted Due" written on them in pink sparkly pen. I got a good laugh from that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning!

Is it cold enough for everyone today?

• image TheWop:

I was going through some invoices at work and noticed 2 from the same vendor that had "Pasted Due" written on them in pink sparkly pen. I got a good laugh from that. 

Ha!  Nice.

• TMI: Gross

I'm still laying in bed watching tv and the dog jumped up here, got right next to me and puked. A lot. Really, couldn't have done that on the floor? Apparently I'm doin laundry today.

• image MrsKerCo:

Yes.  Brrr...

• image MrsKerCo:

Morning!

Considering I don't have heat in the house now...YES! My furance is getting fixed and he had to go get a part. Hurry Back Man!!!!

• Even with the plastic on our windows I'm feezing!! :o(  Looks like it's hot tea time.....right after I get Brielle downstairs for the umteenth time!
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • image TeacherToBe6:

TMI: Gross

I'm still laying in bed watching tv and the dog jumped up here, got right next to me and puked. A lot. Really, couldn't have done that on the floor? Apparently I'm doin laundry today.

Ew.  That's no fun.

• image Kasa:
    image TheWop:

I was going through some invoices at work and noticed 2 from the same vendor that had "Pasted Due" written on them in pink sparkly pen. I got a good laugh from that. 

Ha!  Nice.

That is funny.  Pasted, huh?  tee hee.  They threw those extra letters on there so they had an excuse to write more the sparkly pen.

• image gvsubride05:
    image MrsKerCo:

Morning!

Considering I don't have heat in the house now...YES! My furance is getting fixed and he had to go get a part. Hurry Back Man!!!!

No furnace?  That's horrible timing for it to quit working on you! I'd be wrapped up in electric blankets.  haha.

• image gvsubride05:
    image MrsKerCo:

Morning!

Oh that sucks.  A lot.  When we were in Sweden, we were in a long term housing apartment building for my H's company.  I thought it was super chilly in there, so went around and turned all the (tiny) heaters up.  Hours later, it's still 50 in there.  IN SWEDEN.  So, I walk over to my H's building (because my Italian phone doesn't work in Sweden) and have the reception call him out of a meeting because there is no heat in our apartment.  IN.SWEDEN. IN.WINTER.  They send a guy over to look at it and he says, "Oh, yes, these heaters are inadequate for this weather.  I can't do anything about it now..." (it being 5pm after all) "... but if you stay overnight, we'll bring some space heaters over in the morning."  Are you F'ing kidding me!?  

We quickly decamped to a hotel.  

• Good Morning!

We met the dog last night, and he was a sweetie.  I had to be careful not to call him by the new name we are going to call him though.  I think we are either going to do an overnight next week or one more meeting before we adopt him permanently.

And I get to go to NC tonight and spend the weekend with one of my BFs. :-) 

It's a good day.

• I'm so cold that I'm tempted to heat up the soup I brought in today.  
  • I woke up blah this morning and tried to fix something on the computer this morning and that didn't work. Then I called Mike about it and then yelled at me. Guess he was already running the anti spyware opps. So then I called him again after I did some research and faxed it to him. He loves me now lol
  • Morning Girls.

It's cold and I think MissyNa's idea of tea is a great idea for the whole day. I'm thinking I have to buy 2 more space heater for the basement where our work stations are.

Any one have any thoughts an apple's new product: ipad? other than jokes about the name? They will be ready for shipping in March. DH & I are going back and forth about getting one. 

• image Deeder522:

Morning Girls.

It's cold and I think MissyNa's idea of tea is a great idea for the whole day. I'm thinking I have to buy 2 more space heater for the basement where our work stations are.

Any one have any thoughts an apple's new product: ipad? other than jokes about the name? They will be ready for shipping in March. DH & I are going back and forth about getting one. 

Mmmm....tea!!! :o)

iPad. Yeah, the name made me laugh. LOL! I think the product is lacking though. It uses 3g? Eh....that's going to be obsolete soon. No camera? These are things that could be added/fixed and not have raised the price of the product.

• I just got myself a cup of tea.  Defintely a good morning for that.

Deeder, I don't really follow Apple news so I can't comment on it.  What's the ipad supposed to do?

• image Deeder522:

Morning Girls.

It's cold and I think MissyNa's idea of tea is a great idea for the whole day. 

Amen.  I just made myself a cup. 

• image Deeder522:

I don't see any relevant use or need for it, so I'm underwhelmed. And quite frankly, although I know you asked for opinions OTHER than this, I can't get past the ridiculous name. It conjures up images of a used pad and that just CAN'T be good for business. I'm astounded that no one raised a red flag on that (pun intended, hehe).

• image Chymes:
    image Deeder522:

I don't see any relevant use or need for it, so I'm underwhelmed. And quite frankly, although I know you asked for opinions OTHER than this, I can't get past the ridiculous name. It conjures up images of a used pad and that just CAN'T be good for business. I'm astounded that no one raised a red flag on that (pun intended, hehe).

LOL! I was surprised they didn't think more about the name. Someone HAD to have realized it was going to get jokes.
  • I too am underwhelmed with it's offerings.  If I were to consider buying one I would wait until the 2nd or 3rd generation game out.  I have a feeling the market will demand things be added.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another vote for underwhelmed by the iPad.  And iPad, seriously?  Methinks Apple needs to hire some ladies.
  • Just saw on WZZMs website that Air Tran is going to start serving GRR. But only to Baltimore and Orlando.

a) enough flights to Florida already

b) Baltimore?  are there really that many people who are going to Baltimore?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't believe it's 10:30 already.  I need to go fill up my water bottle. 
  • We have heat again. Lucikly it never stopped working, the blower just kept running so we had to get that fixed. The guy said it is built like a tank and we shouldn't have any real issues with it. It is more furance then we need for this house, so it isn't all that efficient, but we won't be in this house long enough to get a ROI on a new furance.

• image adreajoy713:

Just saw on WZZMs website that Air Tran is going to start serving GRR. But only to Baltimore and Orlando.

That's cool.  Maybe they'll start expanding once they're here for a bit.  Allegiant added more destinations pretty quickly after they began serving GR.

I agree that there are already enough flights to Florida.

And my first thought about Baltimore is that now I can easily hop a flight and go stalk the Ace of Cakes people for a weekend.  Big Smile

• image adreajoy713:

Just saw on WZZMs website that Air Tran is going to start serving GRR. But only to Baltimore and Orlando.

Word.

Hmm, didn't realize there was that much demand for Baltimore.  How about NYC, Air Tran?  That's a destination I could get on board with.  I assume another charter going into that vacinity could be tough to get.  The air traffic there is nutso.  Or what about a flight out west to Cali?  Spirit out of GR goes to Vegas already, correct?

• I've been packing boxes to ship and bagging stuff up for the charity shops.  Also, have a woman coming around to view our flat and later a guy looking to buy our guitars. Other than that, nothing too exciting today.

photo siggie11wks_zpsae14d95f.png Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image MrsKerCo:
    image adreajoy713:

Word.

Hmm, didn't realize there was that much demand for Baltimore.  How about NYC, Air Tran?  That's a destination I could get on board with.  I assume another charter going into that vacinity could be tough to get.  The air traffic there is nutso.  Or what about a flight out west to Cali?  Spirit out of GR goes to Vegas already, correct?

Allegiant flies from GR to Vegas, I know.